Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Party NL 6max 25 need help

Let me start by saying any help is greatly appreciated. Ok before the blind change at party these are my pokertracker stats.

vpip 23.21
ptbb/100 4.97
pfraise% 6.97
total aggresion factor 1.14
Total Hands 48242

I wasn't destroying the game by any means but I was winning.

Stats after the blind change

vpip 21.20
ptbb/100 -2.10
pfraise% 7.65
total aggresion factor 1.43
Total Hands 26567

I know there are not many hands but can anyone see what is goin on. This is how i generaly play

My standard raise is 4xbb + 1bb for every limper

AA,KK, standard raise any posistion bet pot on flop turn and usually river unless board is paired or 3 to flush or straight.

QQ,JJ,TT standard raise any posision pot the flop if there are only 1 or 2 callers even if there are overs. generally slow down if called or fold if rerasied. more then 2 callers I check/call as long as there are no overs.

AKs,AKo standard raise any posistion pot the flop whether i hit or not slow down if i get called or played back.

AQs,AQ same as AK accept i check if a king hits the flop

Now these hands are where i get confused i think AJ,AT,KQ,KJ i will standard raise in any position and if i dont hit i slow down depending on how many people in the pot sometimes will fire a pot sized bet on the flop if board is favorable.

KT,QJ,QT raise in position limp out of position

Any Pair below TT Limpin when possible fold to a 4xbb raise call anything smaller

I very rarely play suited connectors unless i am on the button or if there are 3 or more people in a raised pot i may come in.

I know alot of this is situational and alot depends on table image but do you guys see any glaring problems??

It seems to me that a 4xbb raise with the new blinds means nothing to most of the players and my AA against 4 or 5 callers gets cracked so i start upping my raise to 5 or 6bb and get no action. Should I be playing suited connectors more often? When you guys raise pre flop do you bet the flop if you miss? Hell maybe I never could play the game and i am the fish. I have read tons of the posts here and want to thank all that contribute. Thanks
Old 03-28-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Party NL 6max 25 need help

Is it possible that you are getting too predictable and that with the new 100BB structure this is hurting you more because it enables opponents to stack you off when they know they are ahead and lose only the same amount as before when behind?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:07 PM

At 25NL, opponents are very rarely that observant.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:08 PM

"It seems to me that a 4xbb raise with the new blinds means nothing to most of the players and my AA against 4 or 5 callers gets cracked so i start upping my raise to 5 or 6bb and get no action."

I find that hard to believe. (ie... people regularly open raise 4-8BB, I can't believe you get no action.)

I think you SHOULD raise your BB to 6xbb. If you get no action, lower your starting requirements for a raise... ie, raise more often. Eventually, they'll start calling,... then, tighten up again.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:21 PM

I will start by saying that many different advice could be given depending on style and aggression, but here's where I think you could plug some leaks.

[ QUOTE ]

QQ,JJ,TT standard raise any posision

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to raise TT in early position, unless you're ready to commit some chips. It's not an easy hand to play, especially OOP. Try limping to hit a set.

[ QUOTE ]

AKs,AKo standard raise any posistion pot the flop whether i hit or not slow down if i get called or played back.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some flops you should avoid betting if you miss. Some flops are just bound to have hit someone with a pair or at least a decent draw.

The raising or limping AK is an ongoing debate, but in early position I would probably just limp, raise on CO and button if there are limpers.

[ QUOTE ]

AQs,AQ same as AK accept i check if a king hits the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful not to overvalue AQ. I don't think it's a raise except on CO and button. Style-dependant maybe.

[ QUOTE ]

AJ,AT,KQ,KJ i will standard raise in any position

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where advice will come in handy. You should not raise these 4 hands in early position. These are easily dominated hands which will get you in trouble when you get called (obviously not all the time, but often enough), especially if you're playing them OOP. Maybe you're even calling raises with those, which you shouldn't. Very few exceptions to this. AT and KJ are especially sucky to play in EP. You can still raise these hands on the button, mostly to steal and to widen your raising range a bit.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd only raise on the button to one or no limper, else I'd limp. I would fold these in early position.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be playing suited connectors more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. And the button's the place to do it. Read some of Fimbulwinter's recent posts on this.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:22 PM

While this is true, it doesn't change the fact that playing your TPTK hands and the such the same way every time will get you in a lot of trouble. You win the same amount, roughly, as before, but lose twice as much when things go sour.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You win the same amount, roughly, as before, but lose twice as much when things go sour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. And I know a thing or two about sour... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AJ,AT,KQ,KJ i will standard raise in any position

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where advice will come in handy. You should not raise these 4 hands in early position. These are easily dominated hands which will get you in trouble when you get called (obviously not all the time, but often enough), especially if you're playing them OOP. Maybe you're even calling raises with those, which you shouldn't. Very few exceptions to this. AT and KJ are especially sucky to play in EP. You can still raise these hands on the button, mostly to steal and to widen your raising range a bit.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd only raise on the button to one or no limper, else I'd limp. I would fold these in early position.

Really i figure since it was 6 max that these hands went up in value. I will give it a try thanks for all the replies so far.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:33 PM

They may have a better value than at 10-max, but they are still hands that can put you in a lot of trouble when you're playing for your whole stack. And position is always very important in NL.

Don't put yourself in situations where you will win small pots or lose your stack.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:37 PM

what will you play out of the SB? Will you complete to see a flop with any 2 or do you fold it away?