Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 05:24 PM

Default How would you analyze cards on a downswing?

I've had an annoying little downswing in the past couple of days. I am a fairly new PT user, had it about a month. How would go about analyzing how much of this downswing could be card related?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: How would you analyze cards on a downswing?

I'm fairly new myself to PT but I'll give my .02--

I think by replaying hands, you should be able to determine if its the cards or you.

I was losing money with pocket queens... My sample size was really small. I had a series of wins and two losses (one HUGE loss) where I flopped a set and was outdrawn by straight draws. I realized in those cases, that my bets/calls/raises all made sense and that I was unlucky.

A number of other hands, I looked at the losses and realized I just 'overplayed' my hand.

I think if you sort all your hands played by amount won/lost... losing hands at the top, look at why you lost them (were you clearly outdrawn when you were the favorite? Are you bluffing too much? Are you going too far with a pair? etc.) you will find the answer to your question.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:48 PM

if you go to the general info tab, i like to sort it by BB/hand to see which hands are winning and losing the most on average. if you have hands that have a high VPIP, but a negative EV then you may have problems with playing those hands...post some of them here.

also, on the games tab, click "get all" then sort that by net won/lost to see specific hands where you won/lost the most.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:02 PM

just playback the histories and see if you're laughing at yourself