Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Getting killed at prima, bonus whoring 6max

I cannot beat these .5-1 games. I have lost like 50ish so far just playing .5-1 6max, while trying to get 1000 raked hands.

I've herad people describe it as implicit collusion before. It's the situation where no one folds ever, and most pots are 3-4 handed to the river. I cannot seem to beat it, everything I've learned at 1-2 6max at party does not work here. Raising for isolation is useless, raising preflop is useless in general. It's impossible to take down the flop with a bet so if you miss with AK you lose the hand.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what to do in this situation? BTW, I am 1 for 6 on TT-AA holding up.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Getting killed at prima, bonus whoring 6max

First off, that is not implicit collusion, but the difference isn't really important for this discussion. All you really need to do is revert to ABC play. Don't try anything fancy, just value bet like hell when you have a good hand. If you want a more specific answer than that, (re)read your books. TOP, SSH and HPAP all have sections that will help you adjust to those conditions.

Scott

PS [ QUOTE ]
It's impossible to take down the flop with a bet so if you miss with AK you lose the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go buy some Kleenex.

PPS [ QUOTE ]
BTW, I am 1 for 6 on TT-AA holding up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, use paper towels so all your snot doesn't blow through the thin tissue.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot beat these .5-1 games. I have lost like 50ish so far just playing .5-1 6max, while trying to get 1000 raked hands.

I've herad people describe it as implicit collusion before. It's the situation where no one folds ever, and most pots are 3-4 handed to the river. I cannot seem to beat it, everything I've learned at 1-2 6max at party does not work here. Raising for isolation is useless, raising preflop is useless in general. It's impossible to take down the flop with a bet so if you miss with AK you lose the hand.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what to do in this situation? BTW, I am 1 for 6 on TT-AA holding up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more hands that require implied odds, value bet relentlessly, fold your marginal hands and deal with the variance.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:27 PM

same conditions at the Crypto sites 1/2 and 2/4. 3-4 players till river, preflop cold calls, and cracked aces.
Everyone check/calls.
Anybody has a good strategy for that? I always try to protect my pair of A/K/Q at the turn that makes me drawing dead as 2 of them already have a straight/flush.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising preflop is useless in general. It's impossible to take down the flop with a bet so if you miss with AK you lose the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is absurd. Put some effort into understanding why.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
same conditions at the Crypto sites 1/2 and 2/4. 3-4 players till river, preflop cold calls, and cracked aces.
Everyone check/calls.
Anybody has a good strategy for that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not playing is the only solution.

[ QUOTE ]
I always try to protect my pair of A/K/Q at the turn that makes me drawing dead as 2 of them already have a straight/flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the use? It's impossible to win when they play like that.