Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 03:49 AM

Default 15/30 Glass Tappers

I can't believe that people in the Party 15/30 games ride the fish as hard as they do. You'd think with that much money being thrown at them, they'd keep their traps shut.

I was observing a 15/30 game (I play lower, but eventually might move to this limit), and I saw 4 different people make condescending comments to the biggest fish I've ever seen. This guy was raising UTG with 92. He'd raised with 72o and call river bets with 7 high. He was as bad as I've ever seen.

These people were making comments like "I want to go to bed, but I can't until xxxxx loses all his money" and "Is this your first day today?"

Man, you see all kinds of talking to the fishes at the smaller games, but I thought people knew better at that level.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: 15/30 Glass Tappers

im willing to bet that the players making those comments were big fish themselves.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:18 AM

No, they weren't fish. One was broke (and sitting out), so maybe he was; but the others were all playing pretty well.

Cool thing is that the fish just caught an unbelievable run of cards. He went from all-in to up $1600 in 15 minutes.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:21 AM

I mix in a couple 5-10 tables with my 15-30 tables, and it's been my experience that this is much, much more common in the smaller games. I see it at least 4-10 times as often in the 5-10 games.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:24 AM

I was thinking type of thing wasn't typical of the 15/30 tables, but it's the 1st time I've actually sat and watched; so I don't know.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 AM

Anything annoying thing is the people who have Pokertracker/Playerview running and comment on your stats. Makes the fishes aware of stats programs is not good.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:20 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

they're usually not big fish, just modest winners with big mouths
Old 03-28-2005, 02:00 PM

The big [censored] talkers are usually just young.
I know, i talk all sorts of [censored], and i'm 20.

Honestly, its not -EV at all. If anything it's +EV. In all my berating, i've been challenged to 7 heads up matches, and completely tilted one person into dropping his 250$ stack to me (in 50NL). BTW i won all 7 heads up matches.

The people who play truly believe that they're good and you wont be able to convince them otherwise. Especially when they're making short term wins at the time.

Berating is mean and rude, but when strong playing 20 year olds like myself are having a bad day, our egos always take over.

Just deal with it, it'l never stop.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big [censored] talkers are usually just young.
I know, i talk all sorts of [censored], and i'm 20.

Honestly, its not -EV at all. If anything it's +EV. In all my berating, i've been challenged to 7 heads up matches, and completely tilted one person into dropping his 250$ stack to me (in 50NL). BTW i won all 7 heads up matches.

The people who play truly believe that they're good and you wont be able to convince them otherwise. Especially when they're making short term wins at the time.

Berating is mean and rude, but when strong playing 20 year olds like myself are having a bad day, our egos always take over.

Just deal with it, it'l never stop.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be a 20 year old, but you apparently have the maturity of a 12 year old.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, its not -EV at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is -EV. Occasionally, you find a total fish that thinks he's good or thinks poker is 100% luck. These types can be put on tilt a little. It's more common that berating has a negative affect though.

I've found that generally two things happen when more than one negative comment is made to a fish. Either they get up and leave the table (-ev) or they start paying more attention to what they're doing and play better (-ev). Best case scenario is they keep playing the same way.