Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Top Pair Top Kicker fold

Reads are UTG is 57/11/48 and MP1 4/2/54. With a board being this coordinated I really didn't think this pot was worth fighting for,even with it's size.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Fo is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Fo raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Fo folds...
Old 03-27-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Top Pair Top Kicker fold

I think it is probably worth fighting for. I would think about coldcalling here and then raise a nice turn card. If a bad card hits you can slip away on the turn.

Brad
Old 03-27-2005, 03:56 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

folding TPTK for one bet getting like 20-1 on the flop with a guy who you obviously don't have many hands on (unless he habitually folds AQ and JJ) can't be right...
Old 03-27-2005, 06:57 AM

i dont think its good to fold to araise here, you should call this and see what the turn gives you
Old 03-27-2005, 09:11 AM

i wouldnt have folded here...i would have called and then called down if i was concerned but at least see what the turn brings...looks to me like he may just be on an open ended draw
Old 03-27-2005, 09:23 AM

actually itīs 2 bets to him...
But still I would call this and evaluate the situation again on the turn...
Old 03-27-2005, 12:51 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
actually itīs 2 bets to him...
But still I would call this and evaluate the situation again on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, I was wondering how he could possibly fold... anyway, I think it's really close. about 10-1 immediate odds, a chance of it getting reraised behind him, reverse implied odds, no backdoor draws. it's tough though because there's a reasonable chance he has the best hand.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:56 PM

I think it's a fold...what hands does a tight passive mp1 raise with? well, probably not raising for value on a flush draw...I'm guessing he has at least a set more likely the kq for the straight...the guy has seen two out of 54 hands and only raised one...looks to me like he only plays really good hands and kq or pairs probably qualify.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:58 PM

You hand just *may* be good. An A can save you if it's not. I think calling is marginal.

shilx, why pop the turn?

EDIT: just woke up.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:00 PM

What cards would be a nice turn? I'm guessing an A, J, and maybe anything 6 or lower would be safe.

The bad cards are going to be a 9, T, Q, K, 7, or 8. With so many players in the pot its a toss up.

Personally I'd 3bet that flop and try to eliminate the field to improve your winning chances. The reraise from MP1 is hard for me to deal with, and something I'm having trouble with.

I feel like its a raise or fold situation, because if you call and keep the field large, your TPTK is going to be pretty weak depending on what falls on later streets.