Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 09:12 PM

Default The Joy of Sets

--- Hand 1 ---

Tight table. Blind steals from the hijack had been successful.

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Folded to me in the hijack and I hold 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. <font color="red">I raise</font>, the CO, the Button and the BB call.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="red">I bet</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">I bet</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Button 3-bets</font>, I....

What is your plan for the rest of the hand?

--- Hand 2 ---

I am new at the table, I haven't played on Party Poker in awhile and I don't have my Poker Tracker data. No reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Folded to me in the hijack and I have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. <font color="red">I raise</font>, CO cold calls, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, <font color="red">I 3-bet</font>, CO calls, <font color="red">Button caps</font>.

Flop: (13.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">I bet</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">I cap</font>, they call.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">I bet</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Button 3-bets</font>, I....

Old 03-26-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: The Joy of Sets

I'd 4 bet the turn in your first hand.

I think you have the preflop action messed up in the second hand. Which one of you capped preflop?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:36 PM

Hand 1. Cap. Bet and call the river.

Hand 2. Call down.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Basically, I bet or raise every oppurtunity from the point you left off on both of these hands.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
--- Hand 1 ---

Tight table. Blind steals from the hijack had been successful.

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Folded to me in the hijack and I hold 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. <font color="red">I raise</font>, the CO, the Button and the BB call.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="red">I bet</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

--- Hand 2 ---

I am new at the table, I haven't played on Party Poker in awhile and I don't have my Poker Tracker data. No reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Folded to me in the hijack and I have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. <font color="red">I raise</font>, CO cold calls, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, <font color="red">I 3-bet</font>, CO calls, <font color="red">Button caps</font>.

Flop: (13.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">I bet</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">I cap</font>, they call.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw money into the pot with both hands at any opportunity.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:41 PM

Cap both turns, if you fill in hand 1 bet and raise at every opportunity, otherwise I may only want 2 or 3 bets to go in on that river. I'd make sure at least 2 bets go in on hand 2's river, but I don't think I'd be happy with 4.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:03 PM

Hand 1 -- I don't put villain on QQ b/c of his preflop play. Since there are no reasonable 2-pairs out, I think he has 33 or 77, with 77 being slightly more likely. Capping is bad, IMO, since you don't want to force the other guy out. I call down.

Hand 2 -- Fold.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 -- Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?
Old 03-26-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 -- Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Three aces beat three jacks.

Unless he's a maniac, I just don't see what else he could have. Plus you have no redraws, since his boat will beat yours.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:32 PM

hand 1? go buck-wild. i don't think the button cold calls with 56 at tight tables are happenening. perhaps you're about to be pwned by 77. i doubt it. i think you're getting played back at. cap it. lead the river. i think i reconsider only if it's two back to me on the river. too laggy?

hand 2

i think i see the pattern here. i'm more inclined to fear being dominated by that AA monster... I think CO is overplaying AJ. is button overplaying AK? maybe. I call, and lead my river quads.