Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 08:38 PM

Default AKo, overcards.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls? raises?
Old 03-26-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: AKo, overcards.

How could calling be correct?
Old 03-26-2005, 08:40 PM

raise, they don't have it.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:42 PM

Seems like a good time for WA/WB, but you have to deal with a huge field behind you first.

I think I'd raise, call a 3-bet but fold to a cap.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:50 PM

I may be tempted to raise the flop because there is 14 small bets out there, and if your able to limit the field to just you and the small blind you gain some leverage in this relatively large pot.

But, I think that you definitely have to raise the turn because this way you cut the pot odds in half to those behind you, which I think is crucial here, because otherwise you are laying them the correct odds at drawing to an inside straight draw, weak spade draws, etc...
Old 03-26-2005, 09:36 PM

Why give flush draws the odds to call?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:59 PM

Pot is big. Protect your draw on the flop with a raise. Calling cannot be correct. Folding is an option. On the turn, you have to worry about a made flush, but you still have to raise to charge those with a single spade the maximum to outdraw you.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:13 PM

You have to raise the flop. With 14 SB in the pot (when the action is to you), calling gives gutshot straights reasonable odds to call (even if you assume they have 3 outs, the spade is probably not an out), but if you raise, you cut their odds in half, thus making it highly unprofitable (7 to 1) and also you thin the field for your AK and possibly push out single spades/Ax/Kx rags that caught the board. Depending on how the rest of the table reacts to your raise, I think you'll be left with a much easier decision.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:25 PM

I would raise the flop. I would be hoping to fold anyone holding a 6. Anyone with a pair will still be correct to call two cold, but someone holding bottom pair might fold anyway
Old 03-26-2005, 11:00 PM

Raise. Don't let the random draws see the river. Besides, you just hit your TPTK. Maybe I'm crazy, but if you aren't going to raise now, when?

FWIW, I agree w. the raise/fold advice on the flop. It's too coordinated to let people see the turn for 1 SB.