Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Do you give this up anywhere ?

4-tabling to clear Party's bonus, so not much of a read on villain.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

MP ($22.1)
Hero ($26.75)
SB ($66.2)
BB ($37.07)
UTG ($159.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.75, UTG calls $1.75, MP calls $1.75.

Flop: ($8.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, MP calls $3, Hero calls $3, BB folds.

Turn: ($17.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, MP folds, Herp pushes, UTG calls $6.75.

River: ($38.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $59ish
Old 03-26-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Do you give this up anywhere ?

I don't know about the flop also ..
I thought overpair was unlikely, but didn't want to get reraised by two-pair or flush draw and what not.

I thought it was best to wait for the turn to bump it up.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:01 PM

I think the way you played it you probably could have gotten away from it on the turn. If he had only top pair on the flop he had to be worried about the fact you called the flop (after a pfr) and an overcard fell on the turn. I think you put yourself in a tough spot by not raising on the flop. If you raise to 9-10 there and he pushes a lot of chips in then you can probably lay it down. You were willing to go all in on the turn so you also could have pushed on the flop. The way you played it though I would probably have a tough time laying down on the turn b/c he probably read some weakness on you and could be betting his flush draw again.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:11 PM

I would've limped pre-flop b/c a set of tens is going to be very well disguised and win a bunch against the deep UTG. But that's just me, and I vary my play with PP on the Button.

Then, I make a pot-size raise on the flop.

After that action if UTG is still betting into me it's easier to get away...
Old 03-26-2005, 04:16 PM

Flop call makes my head hurt. I can't even count the number of scare cards that could come on the turn. You've only got three times the current pot size on the flop, and you have an overpair. Unless there are already people all-in before the action gets to you or something, I'm looking to get my stack in ASAP. If you don't want to risk your stack on this type of board, then you need to just limp in preflop.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you give this up anywhere ?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop call makes my head hurt. I can't even count the number of scare cards that could come on the turn. You've only got three times the current pot size on the flop, and you have an overpair. Unless there are already people all-in before the action gets to you or something, I'm looking to get my stack in ASAP. If you don't want to risk your stack on this type of board, then you need to just limp in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, what he said, only louder,soah tends to mumble.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:22 PM

FLOP CALL MAKES MY HEAD HURT. I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THE NUMBER OF SCARE CARDS THAT COULD COME ON THE TURN. YOU'VE ONLY GOT THREE TIMES THE CURRENT POT SIZE ON THE FLOP, AND YOU HAVE AN OVERPAIR. UNLESS THERE ARE ALREADY PEOPLE ALL-IN BEFORE THE ACTION GETS TO YOU OR SOMETHING, I'M LOOKING TO GET MY STACK IN ASAP. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK YOUR STACK ON THIS TYPE OF BOARD, THEN YOU NEED TO JUST LIMP IN PREFLOP.

IS THAT BETTER?
Old 03-26-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FLOP CALL MAKES MY HEAD HURT. I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THE NUMBER OF SCARE CARDS THAT COULD COME ON THE TURN. YOU'VE ONLY GOT THREE TIMES THE CURRENT POT SIZE ON THE FLOP, AND YOU HAVE AN OVERPAIR. UNLESS THERE ARE ALREADY PEOPLE ALL-IN BEFORE THE ACTION GETS TO YOU OR SOMETHING, I'M LOOKING TO GET MY STACK IN ASAP. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK YOUR STACK ON THIS TYPE OF BOARD, THEN YOU NEED TO JUST LIMP IN PREFLOP.

IS THAT BETTER?

[/ QUOTE ]

its better, just sounds angry though
Old 03-26-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

its better, just sounds angry though

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, should I send him chocolate or something ? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]