Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Colorado

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the poker rooms in Colorado? Since my wifes family is from there, I figure I might as well make family time into a working holiday. When I last lived there, there was a maximum bet rule in effect. I assume this means limit poker only.

Anyone have any input?
Old 03-26-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Colorado

Jaunez will probably want to comment on this one, but I'll give my shot. There are three gaming areas in Colorado: Black Hawk and Central City (both about 45 minutes from Denver) and Cripple Creek (near Colorado Springs). Colorado has "limited stakes" gaming, meaning that the maximum wager for any game is five dollars. The majority of poker you'll find in Colorado is 2-5 spread limit hold em. You'll also find 5-5 at a few places. The newest poker room, the Gilpin, offers structured limit games: 1-2 HE, 2-4 HE, 2-4 O8, and 1-2-5-5 HE.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-26-2005, 04:52 PM

Mountain High
Old 03-26-2005, 05:21 PM

PhredsVBF pretty much hit it on the nose. $5 max bet, max. of 5 raises. 2/5 spread limit and 5/5 (two $5 blinds, $5 bets) are in all cardrooms but the Gilpin. The Gilpin is the only room that spreads structured games (1/2, 2/4, 1/2 5-5)

If you're going to Denver, Black Hawk or Central City are the closest. If you're going to Colorado Springs, Cripple Creek is closest.

The Gilpin also spreads 7 Stud (hi & hi/lo) and has various tourneys every day ($20 to $400 buy in). We actually had a 2/4 Razz game going for a few hours last night.

Let me know if you need more info. Have a good visit!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:53 PM

Thanks for all the info folks! I imagine this summer I'll be seing you there (not like I can ski during that time of year)
Old 03-28-2005, 05:03 PM

Default ? for Juanez

<hijack to try to keep all Colorado stuff in one place>

A question for Juanez if he comes back to this thread:

Does the Gilpin actually hold all of the tournaments listed on the site? As far as the sit-n-go's, is there always a list for the various buy-ins and as soon as the 10 or 20 seats are filled they go off? How early do you need to show in order to register for the Hoppin 44 or the Six-Two-One? Do they always fill up?

Thanks a lot.</hijack>