Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Training software for Omaha8

Just wondering if anybody has tried Wilson's training software for Omaha8. Sorry if this is redundant. Did a search in software and Omaha8 and couldn't find anything. If not Wilson, is there any decent software for Omaha8 training. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Training software for Omaha8

I think you can download a trial version from the software developers website.

Honestly though, probably the best way to learn omaha 08b is to read the currently available literature, download the beta version of poker tracker omaha, and play micro limits.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:49 AM

The Wilson software is excellent. In addition to playing against computer opponents you can run simulations of hands. It is worth the cost to get a feel for the game.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:20 PM

I've been considering purchasing this also. I bought Turbo Texas Hold'em when I first started learning Hold'em and it was a great set of "training wheels" for me to gain some experience.

Turbo Omaha 8 uses a point count system for it's starting hand recommendations. You can do a google search for "omaha point system" to familiarize yourself their starting hand recommendations.

I think the real strength of the program is the ability to run simulations. For example, O8 sims show that the hand 2-3-4-5 is a solid winner in a loose game, but starts to lose as the game tightens up. That's great information that might not be obvious otherwise. This interview between Larry Phillips and Bob Wilson discusses other features of the O8 software.