Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 11:09 AM

Default another bot technology (automated Poker Inspector)

Here people discuss various ways to run it for auto-play:

http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366
http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352
http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332

As far as I know PI is allowed at most sites. Let it know to your poker room if you don't like to play against this.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: another bot technology (automated Poker Inspector)

I don't understand what the big deal is about bots. Bots are written by humans, and have to play using human-made rules. What is the difference between playing against a bot and playing against Rocky McPlayTheSame who has a never-changing strategy? Unless someone has written a VERY sophisticated bot that can track my tendencies better than I can track its playing patterns, I'll play against it any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Does anyone actually care? Is it because you are worried that the fish don't understand this, and they will all leave if they find out that bots are playing? Or do you actually not want to play against bots? Someone who cares, please enlighten me.

~MagicMan
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what the big deal is about bots. Bots are written by humans, and have to play using human-made rules. What is the difference between playing against a bot and playing against Rocky McPlayTheSame who has a never-changing strategy? Unless someone has written a VERY sophisticated bot that can track my tendencies better than I can track its playing patterns, I'll play against it any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Does anyone actually care? Is it because you are worried that the fish don't understand this, and they will all leave if they find out that bots are playing? Or do you actually not want to play against bots? Someone who cares, please enlighten me.

~MagicMan

[/ QUOTE ]

puleeze let's not have this debate again -- if you want the counterarguments, do a search of the archives. we have this debate every week.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:43 AM

id enlighten you, but a) you arent smart enough to use the search function and b) you will prolly be bust in a couple months and wont be around here anyway....so meh
Old 03-23-2005, 11:49 AM

This and several others are public bots available to everybody. Even if they make 0.15BB/100 someone will buy it and put to tables: one as himself, another as his wife, and a couple as his friends. Each playing 4 tables say 10 hours a day. And so will do 200-300 another buyers.
They will not be too good but games will die. This is main problem with bots so far, others are less important. If you want to find more then follow previous advice and use search function.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:51 AM

My biggest problem with bots isnt that I dont think I can beat them (not sure, never played one) but the fact that people can program these things to run basically 24 hours a day/7 days a week and if its a good bot it will in theory win money. Meanwhile, Im sitting here for 8 hours playing a bonus at Party which is fun but its also work.

Edit: Besides, if I wanted to play against a computer, Id buy one of those $20 poker video games at Best Buy
Old 03-23-2005, 11:51 AM

Wow, no wonder I never read the internet forum. You guys are just a bunch of jerks. To be fair, I do get really annoyed when people don't use the search function, and I should have done that. I guess I just got irritated about another bot post and posted without thinking about it. Like I say, I rarely read the internet forum so I didn't realize there have been multiple debates, and I didn't search for it because I wasn't really searching for an answer. Thanks for being such a D-bag about it. Next time just kindly tell me to search the archives.

~MagicMan
Old 03-23-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Alobar this is a good answer

Thank you very much. This is a polite answer. I'll search next time before I post something that might be a repeat.

~MagicMan
Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]

~MagicMan

[/ QUOTE ]

A bot never gets tired, never goes on tilt, never makes a mathematical mistake. No human, no matter how good they are, can avoid those things all the time. They can minimize them, but nobody is absolutely 100% perfect.

The people who use and develop bots are trying to make some "free money" with as little effort as possible. They don't care about the game itself, they just care about getting access to someone else's wallet. They are thieves, regardless of how successful they are. Whether or not I can beat a bot, I don't want to play one, because poker is intended to be played by human beings with human limitations, and I feel I have a right to know if my opponent isn't human.

-Mike
Old 03-23-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The people who use and develop bots are trying to make some "free money" with as little effort as possible. They don't care about the game

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. Someone who makes a bot still has to decide on the rules that they play poker by. They have to make EVERY possible poker decision ahead of time and program it into the bot. They clearly have to care about the game and have an expert knowledge of it.

[ QUOTE ]
A bot never gets tired, never goes on tilt, never makes a mathematical mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, having to make every decision ahead of time makes this very unlikely.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel I have a right to know if my opponent isn't human.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I write down all my rules on a sheet of paper, and sit and click the buttons according to my rules? Would you like it the game then, or would you consider me a bot?

~MagicMan