Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Give this up on the turn (or sooner)?

Villain = LAG

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
Old 03-23-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Give this up on the turn (or sooner)?

Give what up? The hope that villain is on a flush draw? Doesn't look like he's folding. I am not sure what the turn raise is trying to accomplish?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:59 AM

Fist of all, I'm still a 0.5/1 player, so if my advice is way off please disregard it. I don't know but I'd fold in the flop unless I have a very particular read on the flop bettor (that he often gives up quickly when someone shows strength), you're drawing very thin with just one overcard and an almost-insignificant backdoor straight draw, the board has 2 to a flush, I think your hand is very poor. My experience is that when someone bets the flop it means that person has something, it could be very little yes, maybe a draw, but unles he's on a draw your hand is not the best one. Since you decided to rise the flop and see the turn, I think folding the turn is a must, he most likley picked up trips and you picked up nothin (or he could just have any part of the board and you're behind), bluff-rise won't work here (it requires a very specific read like villian likes to bluff all the way and fold to aggression, because even if he's just bluffing, he might pick up a pair that would beat you.) Well, that's all, hope it helps, and I'm very open to corrections. See you in 1/2 soon.

Abelardo
Old 03-23-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6.25 BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
CO bets, <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

that "bluff-raise" move doesn't work against LA-As.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:20 AM

Hey don't sweat playing at a lower limit at another poster, the advice is the same since the games are very similar. Hell I'm playing 0.25/0.50 on stars at the moment because I'm at a huge downswing probably due to leaks.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:23 AM

PF: Close between calling and raising, but I suppose being aggressive is good in position esp.

Flop: Not a bad line, I'd be leaning towards calling since I'm not very experienced in dealing with known LAGs, they may 3-bet flop costing you 1 BB. Turn card has to slow you down, only thing you beat is a bluff with less than Ace high, a pair of 2s off the flop, or some PP he is playing stupidly. Fold turn.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:59 AM

fold the flop, you lost 3BB more than you had to ... you missed the flop, and have no reasonable draw
Old 03-23-2005, 08:35 AM

Preflop raise is fine.

The turn raise is chip-spewing.

I would have folded the flop. What kind of draw are you playing? I can see none. Or did you think your hand was the best?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:15 AM

IMHO, kts is not a raising hand from any position. You should read SSH. Call PF. You have no draws, I would fold the flop.

Tom
Old 03-23-2005, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, kts is not a raising hand from any position. You should read SSH. Call PF. You have no draws, I would fold the flop.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

you should be able give reasons why not to raise if you have read SSHE, and don't just say well the suggestions say so ...

so follow your own advice and read the book again, and focus on why he's suggesting what he is