Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 04:57 PM

Default 2 hands how\'d i play these?

i had no reads on the villians in either hand while I was playing these hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

After calling down the flop I expected UTG to bet out and I was hoping that mp3 would call allowing me to trap the field with a c/r. Since he folded should I have just called waited to the river to try a c/r and potentially get another bet out of utg?

River: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

and

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Ok, with the player to my right folding and two more behind me I figured raising my mid board pair with backdoor flush draw will get the two guys out on this big flop. Even though now I realize that maybe waiting to the turn would have been better since they were still getting more than 9:1 with my raise? Would this line have been better?

Turn: (13.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
Old 03-22-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: 2 hands how\'d i play these?

Both of these hands are well played.

With regards to Hand #2:

I especially like raising BB's bet with second pair and a BD flush draw, while at the same time trapping UTG for a bet. Many times this will buy you a free card, or you can try pusing BB off his hand with a bet on the turn. Maybe with a pot this big I would push the envelope a bit to see if I can get him to fold.

You wouldn't mind a call because you still have a flush draw, and most likely will have it checked to you on the river. Checking behind wouldn't be too bad here... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just my 0.2 cents on how I'd play a hand like this with position.

Nonetheless this hand went down diferently and UTG's 3-bet on the flop, screams two pair or better. And I think you played it fine from flop to finish. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: 2 hands how\'d i play these?

Hand 1 I like. Hand 2 I'm just calling the flop. I have to go right now but I may come back to this thread and elaborate.