FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 AM

Default AQs - Play along

UTG+1 is LPP
MP1 is LAP
MP3 is LPP
CO is SLAA

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue"> Do you call, raise, or fold facing a raise and a reraise? With MP3 capping behind you, what range of hands do we put people on? </font>
Old 03-22-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: AQs - Play along

If you're going to post SLAA/LPP/etc., you might as well give us the numbers. An "aggressive" preflop raiser doesn't mean much, in terms of PT stats.

Fold this preflop for 3 cold against almost everyone.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:09 AM

You have two big suited cards, against a least four if not five loose opponents, with good position. You're not going to be folding ; the question is whether to cap it or call. I think it depends on how loose and aggressive MP1 and CO are. If they are total maniacs I would cap it, otherwise call.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:12 AM

I'd fold this for 3 bets.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:18 AM

You can't call this. Look for a better chance to isolate one of them.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:21 AM

If you only had to call two cold in this spot it would be a call right?
Old 03-22-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends on who is raising, how many players are going to see the flop, and what your position is to the raiser. There is no yes or no answer to your question.

I know you're asking about this spot, but we don't really know much about these players' raising standards, even given SLAA/LAP/whatever ratings.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:23 AM

On the button? With AQs? I'd beat him in the pot :P. Seriously, calling a raise on the button with AQs and some limpers (preferably 1-2) is an easy call
Old 03-22-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends on who is raising, how many players are going to see the flop, and what your position is to the raiser. There is no yes or no answer to your question.

I know you're asking about this spot, but we don't really know much about these players' raising standards, even given SLAA/LAP/whatever ratings.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, what he said [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Generally though, yes it would be an easy call, even a reraise vs. some opponents.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:27 AM

As far as needing something more specific on reads, here you go.
UTG+1 is everyone's favorite LPP, sees 80% of flops, never agressive (.1 AF postflop)
MP1 is a maniac. If he misses a flop he folds.
MP3 is a little tighter than UTG+1 55% flops seen
CO - vpip 22-23, pfr 12.

Given that when the action got to me, the only credible raise came from the CO, I see no reason why I shouldnt call. there are enough people in the pot that love to see the flop that it isnt unreasonable to assume that they will stick around. When it gets capped behind me, do you fold AQs for another bet without seeing the flop? No.

I'm more interested on the flop action, so I'll post my perceptions of what they had.

I put UTG+1 on just about anything. MP1 on just about anything too, minus unsuited crap. MP3's coldcall followed by the cap says he has a premium hand. AA-JJ, AK. Same for CO, but add TT, AQ, and AJ.

That said, lets see a flop
Flop: (21.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

MP3's bet/call indicates to me that he has AK (hoping that we have overcards and will fold), or he has a smaller PP - QQ-TT (and is afraid of the CO's raise indicating a better hand)
CO's raise says big PP - AA or KK or he is trying to push with a smaller PP QQ-TT

My call - this is where I want input. I have a backdoor straight, and a backdoor flush for a total of 2 outs, and 2 overcards either of which may not be clean. Lets discount to 3 outs. So with 5 outs, and a huge pot, im getting 24.5:2 (12.25:1) on my call. Since MP3 is LPP, I correctly assumed that he wouldnt reraise the flop - lucky me.

Am I correct to call, or should I consider both overcards forefit, and advance under the assumption that I have 2 clean outs - in other words: get the hell outta dodge?