Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 08:54 PM

Default good call or bad call? top pair top kicker hand

25 cent BB
(villains first hand at the table)
3 handed

I am the dealer

I make it 1$ to go with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB calls

flop
6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villain bets 2$ I raise to 5$ pot villain calls

turn
7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain pushes for 15$ I think for a while and call

I'll explain my reasoning here, and maybe its faulty. But I did not think the 7 on the turn helped villain at all. Just don't understand what hand he could have other than 67 or maybe 710 (thats a stretch) (and why would he push with a full house on that turn?). I thought it was much more likely that he was on a draw and was trying to take the pot.

I called. Do you like the call or dislike?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: good call or bad call? top pair top kicker hand

I think its to risky because u dont have any information. Some players would try to steal while others only bet when having a seven. Since you dont know his type, let him have it and catch him later if he turns out to be overly aggressive. He might even get overconfident and think he can continue to pull of that play. If his deep, he could make your day!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: good call or bad call? top pair top kicker hand

I would call, he could have top pair putting you on the flush draw he could even be bluffing. If you are beat by trip 7's you got 10 outs if he has a straight you have 13 outs if he has an overpair you have 14 outs and your hand might just as easily be good. I'm not really putting him on a full house since he would probably reraise on the flop with 2 pair or a set.