Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 06:29 PM

Default .25/.5 misplayed every street?

I hate how I played this hand. .25/.5NL on a relatively unknown site. 50 buyin which villain and I are both over, I have him covered. Villain is tricky, aggressive, and has folded to a moderate sized river raise of mine recently. The rest of the table is (usually) fairly tight for these limits (a lot of limp/folding) and so both villain and I have used some marginal cards.
***preflop***
4 limps to hero on button
hero raises it to 2 with AJo
all limpers and sb call?!
***flop 810Jr***
checked around to villain in mp, bets 2.50, hero raises to 8, only villain calls
***turn offsuit k***
villain checks, hero bets 5, villain calls
***river 9***
check check

I know its terrible, I'm new here and looking to get torn apart.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: .25/.5 misplayed every street?

BUMP
Old 03-21-2005, 07:52 PM

I would make it $3.50 or not raise at all. I am leaning towards not raising considering how many limpers there are. I think your flop raise is fine, I would have not bet the turn so small, either bet it bigger like $15 or check behind. I probably check behind there too. However on the river you would probably face a bet from many different hands if you check the turn.

I don't think you played it poorly at all. However, use the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and put spaces etc. between the streets. Also try to include the pot size at each progressive street.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Preflop raise isn't enough. Hmm.. Turn bet is for value? He's not folding for $5.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:22 PM

Sorry about the formatting. Anyway villain shows 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I think betting bigger preflop or on the turn would have forced him out. I'm positive he would have folded to a large river bet but aside from 2 pair I don't see anything that beats me folding or anything that I beat calling.