Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 03:30 PM

Default baseball

Where, pray tell, are the baseball handicapers? I would like some opinions on the upcoming LCS.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:19 PM

Default Re: baseball

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] since my beloved braves went down...lol...gl [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 05:35 AM

Default Re: baseball

Sorry Ray, was out on business for a few days. I bet the Twins +140 for the series and I am passing for the NL. I think the Twins are the best team left and will back them every time I think the public goes against them. They made me a lot of money against the A's, I am hoping the public still overlooks them. As they will prove (hopefully), records don't mean much when you aren't playing hard for a month and a half and a solid bullpen with multiple lefties is something you just can't undervalue. I like Romero, Hawkins, Santana...and of course Guardado to be the key. I know I never get caught up in it, but this team just feels like destiny so hell it can't hurt to have that on my side too [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

In the NL I like the Giants a little bit, but they aren't getting much in the way of odds. I think the Cards pen is weak and the starters are matched fairly well by SF as long as Hernandez keeps up his postseason magic. Cards have a better 1-9 lineup, but the Giants have the more potent middle. Barry finally overcoming the demons of postseasons past might energize him into having a solid series and when other teams are scheming and worrying about one guy in your lineup, that is when you give the others a chance to beat you. For the Cards to win Morris has to be really dominant because I don't think Finley or Benes will be. All that being said, the Cards have home field and a rested staff set up in order, key factors that can't be ignored. So look to pass and play any dog that gets a generous price, say +140 or more. That probably will only come along if the public gets into betting the "must-win" team at home.

Unders should be the chosen side here, the first round was circus baseball, the CS and WS are usually the close fought games with lots more emphasis on scoring key runs, not big innings.