Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Upcominge Vegas trip.

First I’ll say I’ve been to allvegaspoker and read up there, I’d like some other inputs to weigh in.

I’m heading out to Vegas at the end of May for about 10 days (Thursday night through the following Sunday morning). I’m looking for suggestions on a bunch of stuff.

Looking for a place to stay of a place to stay; On the strip, Cheap but not a dump, I’ll pay a little more a night to get into a nicer hotel, so I guess give me a 3 star recommendation and a 4 star recommendation.

For ring poker, my live experience is pretty much limited to Foxwood’s 4/8 on weekends. Which poker room(s) would be good to play at? I’d consider stepping up to 6/12 if needed. I’m typically 0.50/1 online, although I could step up there too. What poker rooms would you suggest? I’m definitely looking to put in a bunch of poker hours. How’s the 1/2 NL out there? I’m somewhat interested but would like to be able to get some money off the table if needed to reduce the bad beat destroying a weekend.

I’d also be interested in some <$100 tournaments, preferably freezeout, but limited rebuys would also be ok. Any tournaments that you would suggest?

Side poker comments, With the Wynn opening soon, would you think that the fish will be swimming over there, or will it be a shark fest? Also the WSOP first few events start right at the tail end of my trip, should this make me want to stay away from any specific poker rooms, or make sure to be at any specific rooms?

Anything else that someone needs to do in vegas?