Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Fish have forums too

link

A lot of the stuff there is worth reading if you're looking for a good laugh, but remember not to tap the glass.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Fish have forums too

You cannot let bad beats affect your play.... if it was just a God-awful call, you need to make a mental note about that player and move on.

Another recycled post here about my BB, but I'll rephrase.

Tourney on Pokerstars, 10s-6d in the blind. Flop comes 10h-10c-6h. All kinds of loose action, and I had been a folding machine up until this point. I push all in, and I get a call from someone who has me covered. As, 7d. GREAT, right?

I take my victory swig of Dr. Pepper (Diet Dr. Pepper these days) and look up in time to see the pot pushed to the other guy. The guy perfect catches to crush me, 9d, 8d to get a straight flush.

I checked the odds on cardplayer.com, and the guy's odds on the flop off winning were 0.2%. That's my worst bad beat to date.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:53 AM

Since when does a three-card straight flush beat a full house?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since when does a three-card straight flush beat a full house?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha
Old 03-21-2005, 03:59 AM

excellent.. I was gagging with laughter at some of these. there's a great thread about "big laydowns" featuring a post where some guy lays down AA on an AKK board.

can you guess what his opponent had?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing with my buddies in our usual cheap friendly game. ten & twenty cent blinds, buy-ins at 5 bucks. I had increased my chip stack to about $15 at this time. I'm sitting to the left of the dealer in the small blind. It's 5 handed. I get dealt 5c 4s. Everyone folds to the dealer, who raise to a dollar total. It's just one on one, so I have put him on high cards, and I call with my pot odds. I mean, the next three cards are gonna hit for one of us, plus, another 90 cents isn't nothing to my stack, which was the big stack at the time.

The flop comes 4d 5h 6h. He goes all in, an attempt to take the pot down, or he put me on high cards too. I still have him on high cards and I call, it's a 6 dollar or so bet. He turns over Big Slick of Clubs. I win the hand, and he was pissed that I called, and called me "garbage".

Me personally, I thought it was just plain me outplaying him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-21-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing with my buddies in our usual cheap friendly game. ten & twenty cent blinds, buy-ins at 5 bucks. I had increased my chip stack to about $15 at this time. I'm sitting to the left of the dealer in the small blind. It's 5 handed. I get dealt 5c 4s. Everyone folds to the dealer, who raise to a dollar total. It's just one on one, so I have put him on high cards, and I call with my pot odds. I mean, the next three cards are gonna hit for one of us, plus, another 90 cents isn't nothing to my stack, which was the big stack at the time.

The flop comes 4d 5h 6h. He goes all in, an attempt to take the pot down, or he put me on high cards too. I still have him on high cards and I call, it's a 6 dollar or so bet. He turns over Big Slick of Clubs. I win the hand, and he was pissed that I called, and called me "garbage".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too. funny.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

R
O
F
L
Old 03-21-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could understand if someone just didn't bother to learn pot odds, but he thinks he has it down. It's really not hard to learn. Sometimes I'm amazed at how dumb people are.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time people don't have a full house. It's not something that comes up all the time. Sure it comes up, but not often. I've played games where I'd see one or two in a five hour game. So the chances of TWO people having a full house, and that being you and the other guy, well, that seems slim.

Since we are gambling, you gotta take a gamble and say: "Hey, there is a good chance he doesn't have a full house, and getting a four of a kind is rare, and getting a royal flush is even rarer. So I'll go ALL IN on the river."

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread