Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 03:22 AM

Default JJ BB against a tilter...

2/4 - full tilt, 9 players...

Tilter in MP has dropped a few buyins so far. He leaves, whines, comes back. Anyhow - he just rebought - doubled his 400 to 800 - then lost 500 the next hand and is at around 295.

Folded to him and he pushes all in. Folded to the SB, who says in the chat window he knows hes tilting and really wants to call. Takes forever and he calls 300 - SB has about 800 total and I have him covered.

I push...

Standard?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: JJ BB against a tilter...

any other reads on sb?

i don't like putting in 200x bb preflop with JJ, but if you think you have a read on opponent (ie tight, passive) then you might have the fold equity to trap the dead money in the pot. hope it worked out.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:53 AM

I was playing today and watched a guy get sucked out for his whole stack. He comes back after rebuying and raises 1/10th of our stacks, I reraise him slightly over double his original raise, then he pushes me all in. (Normal stacks for the game), I decided to call, he had aces...... at the time I thought it was a good play, anyone have any second thoughts? Also I did not have much of a read on the guy because I hadn't been at the table long, I had only seen him get sucked out.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:25 AM

Unless the SB is incredibly tricky mctrickster and has QQ-AA and is dying to get you to do exactly what you did with something worse than what he has this is perfectly standard.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing today and watched a guy get sucked out for his whole stack. He comes back after rebuying and raises 1/10th of our stacks, I reraise him slightly over double his original raise, then he pushes me all in. (Normal stacks for the game), I decided to call, he had aces...... at the time I thought it was a good play, anyone have any second thoughts? Also I did not have much of a read on the guy because I hadn't been at the table long, I had only seen him get sucked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had KK I think this is fine, if you had 72o you should have folded preflop.