Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Jesus?

Why are people so obsessed with this guy? He sucked out the final 9 at the WSOP hard core and won in 200 big whoop. When you suck everyone out what does that mean? The field wasn't even large that year. He won some stud event or some BS to (probably with a field of like 70) but who cares. What else has he done? He did poor TJ Cloutier dirty in 2000. Speaking of Cloutier I just watched him get sucked out on the final table of the WPT by Phillips' two outer, god he has bad luck... Personally I think Jesus is famous because the espn cameras made him so... Look at what Negraneu, Hansen, even old Doyle are doing these days. Even that puke "the grinder". Ferguson is just another Paris Hilton.... Just another person who is famous and I don't know why.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Jesus?

[ QUOTE ]
Why are people so obsessed with this guy? He sucked out the final 9 at the WSOP hard core and won in 200 big whoop. When you suck everyone out what does that mean? The field wasn't even large that year. He won some stud event or some BS to (probably with a field of like 70) but who cares. What else has he done? He did poor TJ Cloutier dirty in 2000. Speaking of Cloutier I just watched him get sucked out on the final table of the WPT by Phillips' two outer, god he has bad luck... Personally I think Jesus is famous because the espn cameras made him so... Look at what Negraneu, Hansen, even old Doyle are doing these days. Even that puke "the grinder". Ferguson is just another Paris Hilton.... Just another person who is famous and I don't know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now that you've made your feelings clear on someone else, you have opened yourself up to allow others to make their feelings clear on you. And, you clearly are nothing better than just another attention-seeking internet troll moron. So, congras, I am giving you the attention you desparately crave.

The problem is, your post is factually inaccurate. While it is true that he sucked out on TJ in the final hand of the 2000 WSOP, he did have more chips than TJ had, so how did that happen? He did suck out on Jeff Shulman when he floppped a set of sixes vs Shulman's pocket sevens. But, you have to understand how that hand was played to understand that Chris played the hand almost perfectly, except Shulman made an excellent call pre-flop.

Now, back to Fergson winning "some stud event or bs likee that", he actually won four of those BS events and has 5 WSOP bracelets. Only 8 people have MORE bracelets than that, count them 8.

YOu're just some newbie poker douchebag that doesn't realize their are other poker games besides Hold 'Em as Hold 'Em is by far Ferguson's weakest game.

Moron.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:34 PM

i also think it needs to be said that when 'suck outs' happen they don't always stem from a bad call or play. just because a hand is ahead at a certain point doesn't end the game - especially in hold'em. i would agree however that in a hold'em dominated landscape (we are in a nl one currently), ferguson isn't as elite to the casual viewer as some other name pros. but that said, watch amir vahedi play something other than nl and see how well he does. all pros have strong and weak games...sorry to end with such an understatement.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:45 PM

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play..._Ferguson.html
Old 03-20-2005, 02:48 PM

hmmmmm

1st place at Rincon $655,000
2nd at The Heads Up Championship $250,000

That's just in the last month!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He sucked out the final 9 at the WSOP hard core and won in 200 big whoop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you do me a favor and find a WSOPME champion that didn't "suck out the final 9?"
Old 03-20-2005, 04:10 PM

so far in 2005 he has: won a wsop circuit event and made a final table, made a final table in wpt event (celeb invitational) and a 2nd in the heads up tourney. pretty solid.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:17 PM

Easy killers, I just put this in here to piss off someone I know. Apparently it's going to work..... Of course he is a great player ahaha!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy killers, I just put this in here to piss off someone I know. Apparently it's going to work..... Of course he is a great player ahaha!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

when you write something like that you are going to get flamed.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job, stupid!