Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Will Party think this is a bot?

Latel, I've been toying with a hotkey program (www.autohotkey.com) to use when multi-tabling. Originally I programmed it to actually move the mouse cursor to the action buttons and click them, but that was sort of annoying. I discovered that I could send messages directly to the party window to trigger the action buttons, but I was wondering if this is the sort of thing that they look for in bot detection? Will the party app think something suspicious is going on? So far it is working fine, and it's a much more elegant solution, but I really don't want to have to call up Party and try to explain to them that I'm using a PostMessage command to send WM_COMMAND messages directly to their window in order to use hotkeys. I have a feeling that would be a long conversation. Anyone out there know how bot detection works?

Thanks,
MagicMan
Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Will Party think this is a bot?

If I was trying to detect or stop bot detection, listening for incoming api commands would be the first thing I'd do.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:14 PM

Somesone said that Party will get a screenshot of your screen and send back to analyze whether you are using a bots or not.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:30 PM

If I was trying to discover a bot, I would look for inhumanly consistant timing of actions or "mouse clicks."

-scarr
Old 03-21-2005, 11:21 PM

I've been using autohotkey where it moves the cursor then clicks. I've gotten used to it, but the non-elegant solution runs into problems. Any chance you could send me your script? I'll also pm you.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 AM

I agree. Getting around the API messages is almost trivial, since you can just tell the computer to move the mouse instead. It seems like a waste of time to look for API messages since that detection is easily avoidable. I'd think bot detection would look for ultra-consistent playing patterns (also easily avoided with a RNG) and timing issues, as well as amount of time played. This all seems too simple though, so how are they really looking for bots? My guess is they don't actively seek them out, but rather investigate individuals when a suspicion arises. Of course we know that they use screenshots to detect certain well-known programs, but since any good bot would be proprietary this too seems useless. Are they really as sophisticated as they claim, or is it all just fluff?

~MagicMan
Old 03-22-2005, 08:08 AM

http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352

Party should learn to prevent it because people at PI forum are now very excited about using this kind of bots building. It reads PokerInspector suggestion with 3rd party utilities and press buttons. I think PI itself should be also banned because of giving automated suggestions.