Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Were my calls on the flop and turn justified?

Will try to give some of my reasoning at the time why I did what I did. I know I made a few mistakes on this hand, but feel some of my calls were very marginal at best.
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, CO calls.

Mainly calling the flop due to CO's raise meaning nothing since hes steaming about the last pot that I took about 12 BBs off him with AK flopping nut straight and him flopping top set and capping every street with me.

Flop: (13 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Took me a while to make this call was unsure if any of my 6 outs to improve were good, also had to fear a 3bet and maybe cap from CO and SB.

Turn: (9.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.
Decent sized pot easy call still afraid of a raise from the steaming CO. Thought to myself if CO raises and SB 3bets I am dropping my hand
River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Since I was multitabling I looked at the river and saw it put the gutshot straight on the board and feared if I raises I might get 3bet from SBs flopped straight or higher set. I'd have a tough time calling the 3bet with bot set on this hand so I said why not just call down.
Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 03-19-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Were my calls on the flop and turn justified?

I was at the table, actually involves in the hand somewhat. Ordinarily I don't call PF here because as you said CO was not happy, so I'd expect it to be capped. I think the rest of the play is marginal, but given the hands that I presume were out I think you had 6 clean.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:15 AM

I am guessing you were the button? If so my idea of you trying to iso reraise was correct.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:22 AM

I had KQo, so it wasn't awful, but I figured some dead money never hurt.

one thing about this hand is SB's range is really, really wide. That's where I don't know if you'll always have 6 clean outs.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:28 AM

yah which is why I was unsure about every street and why the river really made me unsure if I should raise or not. I def was surprised at what SB had. I like how he played it but if he had been more agressive I would have folded PF.