Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Go for th check raise twice?

Here is another did i extract the most out of this hand post

I was wondering if you feel there is enough agro comming from the Button and the SB just hanging around for the ride do you risk losing 2 possible bets to gain an extra bet or maybe more?

The table is loose very loose

Button is LP-P AKA fish

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls $0.50 (All-In).

River: (25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Is it worth losing a bet and having him check it through for a possible check raise on the river?

Final Pot: 27 BB
Old 03-19-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Go for th check raise twice?

Good CR on the turn, but since you closed the action on the turn, I would not attempt it on the river. Sure you'd only lose 1BB if it failed, but I'd rather have that guaranteed 1BB.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:24 AM

I'd also take the nearly garuanteed BB. I don't think a CR will work after you capped the turn.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:30 AM

bet the river, a passive player, after a checkraise and cap, most likely isn't betting again. take the guarenteed money.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:55 AM

I agree just food for thought i considered it at the time. The way this guy was comming at me and not only this hand i had him on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river, a passive player, after a checkraise and cap, most likely isn't betting again. take the guarenteed money.

[/ QUOTE ]