Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 01:03 AM

Default @Kagame

[ QUOTE ]
Comeon man, what stakes do you really play, if you want to post made up hands its your business, but you dish out a LOT of advice and make it sound expert, and I think theres a bit of a moral issue here, as in Im obligated to make sure you know your stuff if you give out such definitive advice. Nothing personal. Your blog says you play middle limit and $50 NL games on party. This would not make sense with you claiming to be playing 5/10 NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Kagame, I think you are right. I mean, what proof do I really, really have that I play 5/10 NL online and more important for that matter, what proof do I have that I know anything about mid/high stakes NL around the mid/high stakes level. Yeah, I guess I am shooting off advice here that is highly detrimental, eh?

Now, that's not what so much bothers me. What bothers me is that such a great poster like yourself with so much insight and offerings to this board feels that his morales are seriously being slandered here. I would hate to do that to you. I feel very guilty Kagame.

I got two questions for you? How do you know I don't know my stuff? Have you ever played with me?

I guess you haven't. But, I would really hate to see that you are wrong, so I am giving you a chance to prove yourself right.

How about we play a HU NL match on Prima? 10/20 Blinds. You can see me play and then once and for all honor that morale obligation of yours to really make sure wannabee-NL braggarts like me get what I deserve. I mean, you are the mid/high NL stakes forum police officer here right?

Oh by the way, it's nothing personal. I just want to make sure you feel justice is served.

Lawrence
Old 03-18-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: @Kagame

And how does this apply to the rest of the 2+2ers that post on this board and want to read about hands and strategy?
Old 03-18-2005, 01:32 AM

uhmmm... dude was publicly insulted on this forum. hes just standing up for himself and calling out the guy who disrespected him. whats wrong with that?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uhmmm... dude was publicly insulted on this forum. hes just standing up for himself and calling out the guy who disrespected him. whats wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is posting something from a blog insulting?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:06 AM

the thing is, i posted a comment a few days ago about you playing $50 NL.

then your link to said blog was taken out of your profile.

as if you had something to hide?

you shouldnt be posting about high stakes NL, telling people how they should be playing and what the correct lines are if you arent playing high stakes NL!

its a question of credibility and you seem to be one of the more respected posters, thus you should be honest.

i never said my personal morals were slandered, i said i felt responsible to the people coming here to learn that they got advice from experts, actual experts not people posing as a high stakes winning player.

i never called you a braggart or literally questioned the advice youre giving, just the manner in which you are posting hands, which it seems highly likely to me never occured. and the picture you paint of yourself as a poker player to the beginners who read this thread.

by the way, playing HU against an avid poster/reader of this forum for huge stakes would be terrible game selection, whether you actually play big games or not. did you consider this? not that you probably actually would even play me. the "challenge" seems specious at best, considering as best as i can remember ive never posted a hand bigger than 3/6 NL you obviously dont want me to accept. nice bluff.

just tells us your sn on whatever site you play on and what game youre in, and well come say hey, hows it going. and you can say hey this is lawrence ng, watch me bust these guys.

so defensive!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 AM

Your blog is completely contradictory to what you say on 2+2. I would like to hear an explanation too, I imagine it will be very interesting.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:34 AM

You know, you don't have to take his advice if you don't like it.

By the way, I'll set up side bets on that HU match if anyone wants to take kagame.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:36 AM

Play a 500$ HU freezeout then. I'm sure Lawrence won't decline, and its no big deal if you can't play 2000$ because you're poor
Old 03-18-2005, 02:46 AM

Here, as a sort of novelty, Ill actually be honest about the level of poker Im currently playing.

I have a 14k bankroll and have been playing mostly 3/6 NL 6 handed on Doyles Room under sn kd7d.

its the end of midterm week so ive been a bit busy, but i am eager to get going again so ill probably be playing alot during my spring break which is next week.

i suppose i could throw some money on prima from neteller if everyone wants to find out what lawrences sn is and if actually has the $$/balls to play.

before anymore challenges are issued, keep my bankroll in mind, if its reasonable im down. like i said this is terrible game selection, but what the hell, could be fun.

please remember, im not insulting lawrence's posts or level of expertise, simply questioning the fact that his blog is completely contradictory to his hand posts. a few others noticed this as well im sure.

ship it.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:17 AM

Sure....sounds like the claim Kagame made is legit. Why would he lie? And why would Lawrence lie on his blog? I'll put about $200 down on the match, as long as there is some way I know I will recieve my money if I win.

By the way Lawrence, if your playing 5/10 6 handed hold'em why would you want to play 10/20 heads up against a player on this site who seems as knowledgeable as Kagame. Seems like he got you on tilt...if the match actually happens well see who rebuys.