Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Texas, US (low content)

Sorry for spaming a bit. I just have quite positive mood catching +300BB's streak 6-tabling at 15/30 in last 8 hours.

I think i must change my name here to IrisFan or something as this Texas synthpop band 'Iris' is on top of my list for last year. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I don't know if TH was founded in Texas, but it's quite funny, that you, americans, make the music i love and invent the game i love also. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's funny even more because i'm totally Russian and actually love my country, and our contries don't liked each other ever and as i was born in times when in school i listened to those who propagand that US is bad and US sucks, and US people are not so 'soulful' (don't know if it's right word in Eng) and communicable with each other as opposed to Russians and they all are slaves and fans of money etc. My head was full of stamps and trash (i guess many of you have or had similar stamps about Russians). Now i've greatly changed my mind hanging at 2+2 (my first foreign forum i visit and be quite active member too) around last 10 months, seeing that you are closer to my mentality than i ever thought.

So thank you US, and thank you Texas for best music and best game!

Hope my English will make you smile as i think im better writer in terms of poker than about other spheres of life in Eng and actually also quite often loose the point when some of you post not about a poker [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Texas, US (low content)

[ QUOTE ]
and our contries don't liked each other ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. US and Russia were "friends" in the 19th century, fought on the same side in both world wars in 20th century.

Russia sold Alaska to America. Russia thought America wanted Alaska and America bought it because they thought Russia needed the money.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:03 PM

Never heard of Isis. They must not be as popular in Texas. I have lived here for many years and it is an excellent place. Houston, Austin, San Antonio - all interesting places.

If you ever get the chance to visit go to Austin and see some good live music. Learning about the Alamo in San Antonio is good history lesson stuff. The summers are very hot here.

Moscow is at the top of my list for places to visit. We never heard anything bad about the Russians (except for the communism thing) in school but I barely remember the Berlin wall coming down and that is recent history. There was definately talk of the cold war but it seemed we just squared off and did not really like the other country's economic stystem very much. Everything seemed to work out ok in the end. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Your winnings must translate into a great income in Russia?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never heard of Isis. They must not be as popular in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite new. But i like their sound much. Synthpop isn't very popular in US as i know, though you're still doing it maybe for Europe? http://irismusic.com.

[ QUOTE ]
Your winnings must translate into a great income in Russia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's far above average in Moscow.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:36 PM

The USA was founded by smart ambitious people much like yourself. Immigration is one of the keys to the success of our country. I couldn't think of a person who would be more of an asset to this country. Ever consider moving here?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever consider moving here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently - no such plans. But i never say never [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 10:41 PM

I guess I can forgive you for liking Texas, you live like 10K miles away, so you don't know any better, and reading your posts makes me money....so I say live and let live! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 10:42 PM

Default I still don\'t trust them...

Don't worry, us Texans are far too busy thinking about ourselves to hate Russians.

Growing up I was scared of Russia. The movie Red Dawn seemed entirely possible.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: I still don\'t trust them...

No i mistaken, i thought "moving"="come and live there constantly". I plan to visit US and Canad in this or maybe next.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So thank you US, and thank you Texas for best music and best game!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, my goodness. You are from the land of Prokofiev, Scriabin, Heifetz...and are saying we have the best music. "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."