Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Paradise Poker

Hi all!

I have been playing at Pacific and over the course of about 6 months (with a 3 month vacation) turned $20 into $200 starting at .05/.10 and eventually moving to .10/.20 then .25/.50. I just got an email from Paradise that they are offering a 50% match up to $100 for first time deposits so I'm thinking of moving there. Their lowest limit is .50/1.00 but my bonus would give me the $300 bankroll to cover this.

My question - is this a good site to play at? Are the players sufficiently loose or am I going to end up regretting the move? I'm thinking this would be a good way to incorporate poker tracker (as it wasn't supported at pacific) and possibly moving up to multi-tabling if I am doing well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
D5
Old 03-17-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker

Do a search in the Internet Gabling forum and then post there with your question. BonusWhores.com has a small review of the site as well, may want to check it out.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:25 PM

I just cleared my initial deposit bonus there last week. After grinding out a $90 bonus at Crypto I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality at Paradise. Players (at least those I ran into for 700-800 hands anyway) are just as loose and weak as Party IMHO.

Also, I think they offer limits lower than $0.50/$1 but your bonus clears MUCH slower because you don't hit the raked hand requirement nearly as fast.

Good luck!
Old 03-17-2005, 03:30 PM

Great, thanks for the info! Didn't realize there was an internet gambler's forum, I'll check that out now!

Thanks again!
D5
Old 03-17-2005, 03:36 PM

Better step lightly in that forum, they're having a bit of a troll problem right now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Their lowest limit is .50/1.00 but my bonus would give me the $300 bankroll to cover this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Salty. I found the game there at .25/.50 to be "decent", for what that's worth with my less than 10k hands there.

Edited because someone else said what I said
Old 03-17-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question - is this a good site to play at? Are the players sufficiently loose or am I going to end up regretting the move?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can beat Paradise. The games are a little less LAGgy compared to the Party games (so it seems... I'm exclusively at Paradise).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking this would be a good way to incorporate poker tracker (as it wasn't supported at pacific) and possibly moving up to multi-tabling if I am doing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paradise isn't so good with PT in terms of live game stats. You need to send for your HH via email, and sometimes they don't get back to you for a while. After each session, I run the HH manually though the program and export new notes with updated stats.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:59 PM

i'm spending my time playing Paradise right now. they have lower limits than .5/1 - i play the .25/.5 but, like someone said, it will take a while to clear the bonus at those rates

plus play seems to be pretty weak-tight at the moment. well not even tight, because to be "tight" you have to play good hands. they play almost anything, but pots don't get very big too often and people fold very quickly to aggression.

Edit: as already mentioned, i'll second the motion that PT does NOT go well with Paradise. so far my hand requests have been received quickly, but the gametracker feature is no good. so you'll have to take notes while playing and remember.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:04 PM

one other thing that noone has mentioned --

pacific poker has the worst players of all time.
paradise (and party) have extremely bad players too, but collectively they are not nearly as bad as those on pacific.

at .5/1 and 1/2 on pacific, i routinely found tables with 7-8 to the flop for long streches of hands. this is possible, but significantly harder, for .5/1 at paradise and party, and pretty much impossible at 1/2.

for what its worth.

remembering, this, i am tempted to go back and try pacific again, even though their software drives me crazy.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:30 PM

I now play the .25/.50 at Paradise a few nights a week, grinding it out from one level to another. Started out at nano after a free-roll tournament got me a few bucks. I really enjoy the site.

I've noticed more multi-tablers recently, lots of weak to weak-tight play, and have experienced periods where tight agression with the proper cards can put you on a good run. However, based on the nature of the opponents at that level (and opponents in general), the agression can backfire.

Good Luck.