Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 10:34 AM

Default JJ on BB vs maniac

This is from memory.... but the gist of stacks is right. Villain is an idiot... very aggressive, will raise all streets with Ax Kx Qx possibly even Jx.

William Hill 6 Seated PL £0.50-£1 Max £100 buy-in

SB (£60)
Hero (£100)
UTG (£220)
MP1 (£40)
Villain (£65)
Button (£70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG folds, MP1 folds, Villain bet pot (£3.50), button folds, SB call (£3), BB re-raises pot to (£14), Villain calls, SB calls.

Flop: (£42) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets £20, SB calls (£20), Hero re-raises all-in, Villain calls (£31 all-in) SB folds.

I re-raised pot pre-flop in the hope of isolating Villain, I was happy to go all-in pre-flop as at worst im 50-50 (he had called some awful all-in earlier but caught). I was surprised when SB called, I checked because I expected Villain to raise regardless, was surprised again with SB call, but I put him on over cards because of no re-raise (I assume he also doesn't respect Villain, but no real reads yet)

Any thoughts on any streets would be appreciated.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: JJ on BB vs maniac

I like the preflop and the flop play. Standard?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:44 AM

Would you of still liked the play if SB called? Just wondering.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:19 AM

Seems good to me...great flop for your hand.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:27 AM

Oh ok.... when I made the move I thought it was good, but when I thought back over it, Villian or SB could of had AA, KK, QQ, TT, 99, 88, JQ.

Though I guess they would of re-raised it, and even if they did have it I still had outs. Cheers guys.

If your interested, Vilian had Q8, turn came J and river was a 2 or something. Vilian wins with straight.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:46 PM

Do you always re-raise with JJ from the big blind? Maybe I don't play enough 6-max but I don't think I'd be auto-re-raising here. Did you have a read on the villain as having especially loose preflop raising standards?

Edit: OK, so he's on the cutoff and this could well be just an attempt to buy the button. Forget what I said, I clearly don't play enough 6-max. I like your play in the rest of the hand.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:02 PM

Yeah, as I said at the beginning 'Villain is an idiot... very aggressive, will raise all streets with Ax Kx Qx possibly even Jx.' So I really expect myself to be ahead of Vilain here. My main problem with the hand is I think I was overly disregarding SB, and possibly due to the fact he was in the hand, I shouldn't of re-raised pot.