Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2002, 04:12 PM

Default Does anyone else pay attention to this?

Are you more or less likely to make a crying call from a player based on his listed "home". My examples:

England:
In Omaha8 a player from great Britain will raise in the cutoff or on the button more than 90% of the time. I always call to see the flop if I am already in the hand. If checked to this same person will bet no matter what flops but often fold to a reraise. They will do this with 5 players seeing the flop with no hope of stealing. What's the deal?

Canada:
In holdem they will play any ace preflop like it is AA or Ak and three bet if an ace flops no matter their kicker.

3rd World countries:
Any game, any limit, raise, reraise and cap is all they know.

West Coast USA:
Raise preflop, suited connectors, baby pairs in EP and thier favorite AJ offsuit.

East Coast USA:
More stud players than Holdem players. Very tight but agressive in both these games. Rarely bluff without a redraw to the nuts. Will check the river without the nuts.

Midwest USA:
Many passive players, aka calling stations. Be careful with a river bet when they have check called you down all the way.

Now I am not advocating you stereotype players based simply from their home origin but if they are unknown otherwise this is my "game theory" method of determing whether to call, raise, bluff or fold. Anyone else have a method to thier play vs: an otherwise unknown entity?

Jimbo
Old 10-03-2002, 05:53 PM

Default the bangladesh theorem??

3rd World countries:

jimbo,

what third world counties have you seen in an online room? (excluding northern ireland)

you get alot of action from ethiopians?? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

also, where do the lingkopingians (sp?) fall in your analysis? (seriously)
Old 10-03-2002, 06:14 PM

Default Re: the bangladesh theorem??

Granny,

I have seen Algeria, North Korea, Thailand, Nepal, Mexico, and cities which I do not recognize (which puts them in my maniac category as well) which are neither large European cities nor in North America.

The Swedes from Linkoping qualify as Europeans in my theory though they may take umbrage at my categorization. I have not given Scandavavia a seperate category. Do you feel they deserve one Granny?

Jimbo

ps: Granny what do you call an Ethiopian with a chicken?
Old 10-03-2002, 06:31 PM

I will not play at a table with two or more scandanavians, and I will not play heads up with one.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:40 PM

The Swedes from Linkoping qualify as Europeans in my theory though they may take umbrage at my categorization. I have not given Scandavavia a seperate category. Do you feel they deserve one Granny?

no, but all i saw was a category for England, and i know you are too smart to think that England=Europe. also, not that we give a sh*t about being PC at twoplustwo, but i beleive these countries you listed would be considered "developing" at worst, but mostly are "economically challenged".

Mexico is "third world"??? hmmm

ok, i'll bite.. what do you call an Ethiopian with a chicken?
Old 10-03-2002, 07:14 PM

Ha Ha good point Granny about England vs Europe. Actually I only play with 1 player from Spain and perhaps one from France so I neglected to seperate them form Great Britain. Am I bad!!!!! Yes granny, last time I was in Mexico describing it as third world is a compliment.

Ok an Ethipian with a chicken is called a rancher!! Ba Da Bing

Jimbo
Old 10-03-2002, 07:38 PM

last time I was in Mexico describing it as third world is a compliment.

damn jimbo.. u missing some nice places there.. PV is beautiful!! of course if you spend all your time in cheap brothels in TJ, then i can understand your confusion..
[img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else pay attention to this?

What about all those goons on PP "from" Lbujana or whatever?
Old 10-03-2002, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else pay attention to this?

Ljubana = Europe...
Old 10-03-2002, 07:57 PM

Default hey taxi!!!!!!!!

change your damn signature file!! we are all tired of you apologizing for your bad english.. at this point you speak better english than 90% of the posters!!

also, if i read "best wishes to you" one more time, i'm gonna smack the crap outta you!!
[img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]