Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 11:17 PM

Default i hate it when i bloat the pot

i had been raising a lot preflop. BB was a loose bad aggro player who had been watching me take down pot after pot.

his preflop 3bet does not mean a premium hand, probably would do it with any pp, any ace, any 2 broadway, maybe something like T9s, but def not anything like 64s or 97o.

perfect time to just call the 3bet preflop?
any point to getting out of line on the flop?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>
Old 03-15-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: i hate it when i bloat the pot

I hate these spots [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Given your read on him, and your read on his read on you, I think calling preflop is the thing to do. You will have a very difficult time pushing out ace high being out of position heads up.

Given your cap which wasn't terrible imo, fold to the raise.

-DrG
Old 03-16-2005, 06:00 AM

Why cap preflop HU out of position with K high? This hand sucks vs an Ace or PP.

When you dont have an Ace or a PP you have to hit the flop so dont invest so heavily. Call his 3bet then check the flop, I'd probably dump it since you totally missed.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why cap preflop HU out of position with K high? This hand sucks vs an Ace or PP.

[/ QUOTE ]
because i know he's raising light? because i know he thinks i don't have much of a hand? because KQs is a strong hand HU?

[ QUOTE ]
When you dont have an Ace or a PP you have to hit the flop so dont invest so heavily. Call his 3bet then check the flop, I'd probably dump it since you totally missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this now - KQs is a strong hand, but if he's not folding any pair or ace high, it is tough to play out of position
Old 03-16-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your read on him, and your read on his read on you, I think calling preflop is the thing to do. You will have a very difficult time pushing out ace high being out of position heads up.

Given your cap which wasn't terrible imo, fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

a simple, but great analysis, thanks. when i'm thinking clearly i play it this way.