Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Misclicking my way to a fishy image (low content)

Party 1/2 NL full ring. Table has been very tight. I've shown down one hand (trash from the BB in a checked around turn, flop, and river) in the past hour and am only a little behind where I started. There have been very few multiway pots and most hands haven't gone past the flop.

I have $180 and JJ in the SB. Villain has me covered by a couple bucks and is UTG. He limps, 4 (!) other people limp, and I make it $16 to go. BB folds, Villain minraises to 30, and its folded back to me.

Hmm... limp-reraise from a predictable, straightforward opponent. I'm expecting to see aces but there's enough in my stack to call the minraise and hope to set up on the flop so I call.

Flop is T-high, I check, he overbets allin. I say to myself-- 'wow, I wish these were tens instead of jacks'. As I'm moving my mouse over to 'fold', something on TV explodes and startles me into prematurely clicking as I'm passing over the 'call' button. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (he had aces, as expected and I failed to suck out)

I can see in my mind the rest of the table gleefully noting what a fish I am... too bad I had to leave the table anyway and couldn't make use of that image.