Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Drive

Ok I Been playing Online Poker for around 6 months, live for around a few years, i prefer live a lot more than online, but u make much more money online...there was a time when i was playing one day live one day online and taking a nap before going to work (and i start at 4am full-time) that was tough... anyway there are times when i feel i dont want to play which is normal and last for a day or two... i think every one should take a break from poker at least once a week... any way around the the first week of the month (after a wonderful feb bonus month)... i didnt have the drive... which was normal but after one day pasted and 2 till 5 days came and went, i didnt played but i was reading stuff like posts and [censored] like that... oh i was playing ps2 the whole time while i wasnt playing poker... a good f-ing game that i was really into it (men of honor - i think)... any way i thought i was side tracked with the game so i thought that was it, but once i beat the game i still wasnt into playing much and seemed not to be focusing 100%... i rather not play if im not going to be 100% and i also started playing other game for my ps2... i injoy poker very much but im not sure what going on recently... i dont want it to infect my game which i think it might have... or the timing of this bad streak just sucks... any way i guess my question is did/does anybody else go through this?... any thoughts, ideas?... thanks
Old 03-14-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Drive

uh...i can't say i followed the thread properly (formatting would help). but here goes:

your poker is for fun, not profession. if you don't have the drive to play, don't. I guess you don't need the money if you have a FT job.

If you ignore that and do play, just be reflexive and realise with no motivation to play, if you lose you have no redress.

Regards,
Pete Harris