View Poll Results: How many times a day
0 44 53.66%
1 11 13.41%
2 11 13.41%
3 6 7.32%
>3 10 12.20%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2005, 07:52 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default PokerChips.Com Question

I've got some samples from them I'm waiting for. Looking to upgrade from my cheap-o dice chips. Here's my quandry:

I'm looking at getting the custom clays with edge spots, and possibly an inlay design, haven't really decided.

The price jump from custom clay with edge spots to custom clay with printed center and edge spots is almost a 100% jump. From 50 cents per chip to 95 cents per chip (Plus the costs of having the custom color design work done up)

Here is the image I would have on the chips:

I could also have this logo with a white background instead of black. And I was considering having denominations in the center, maybe make the current graphic opaque/transparant and then have a bolder value for the chips over that?

Anyone with experience with pokerchips.com please chime in, thanks!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: PokerChips.Com Question

Well, the only art design charge from pokerchips.com is gray hairs from waiting so long. The color printing fees is only $50 for the entire order (including future reorders), so that's not really a factor if you go with inlays.

To me, you have a regular game, you have a website, you have a logo. This is really a no brainer.

You can see my Greek poll thread for denominations over a half-toned center graphic. Not really the same, but that's what I did.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:18 PM

I said edge spots only. I have mulled this over for a possible purchase for myself and I think this because of the massive price difference. Basically, is it better to have 500 chips with inlays or 1000 chips without? For me, it's 1000 without. They are still nice chips.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:34 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

It will really all depend on the following:

1. Do I like the chip samples I receive? I really enjoy the modern clays from buypokerchips.com But I don't like the inlays and the inability to customize them (especially for the price). The feel is great, I hope the chips from pokerchips.com is similar.

2. How much money I have at the time. I'm heading up to Foxwoods at the end of this month to play in the NE Poker Classic. If I can win enough, then getting the logo will be easy. If not, the price difference is just too great in my opinion. While it'd be nice to have the logo, it's expensive and waiting until I have the money saved up would probably irritate me.