Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 03:24 PM

Default QJo in SB

Good Live 10-20. The BB is very solid and tight and the raiser is very laggy and raises a wide range of hands. He maintains pressure when he starts it. They both know me, read hands and play well postflop.

Laggy open raises from EMP and gets 3 cold callers. I call in SB with QJo and BB calls. 6 way for 6 BB's.

Flop Q55. Check, check, bet, 1 call and me and BB call. 4 way for 8 BB's.

Turn a blank. Check, check, bet, folded to me I raise. BB goes into the tank for a while then calls, raiser calls, other folds. 3 way for 14 BB's.

River a blank. I check planning to call. I would have led if the BB folded.

Comments.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: QJo in SB

I think you can make a thin value bet on the river. You're getting 2:1 on the bet, and because of the turn action I don't expect that you will get raised. The pot is fairly big and your opponents may find reasons to call.

I am somewhat concerned about the BB's call on the turn too, but I think you are good. Sitting and thinking a long time about the hand is more likely a call/fold decision than a call/raise decision. If he had a Queen with a better kicker then this should have been a fairly easy call, yet he took his time.

He could have a queen with a worse kicker, and is thinking about pitching and perhaps considering hidden outs to a split, or the chance that he's good.

Since he called preflop I wouldn't put him on a 5, but I would say he's more likely (both statistically and because of his considering the action on the turn) to have a worse queen than you.

In any case, this is risking 1 bet to gain 2, so I think you have a decent bet for value.