Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Help a Newbie

I've played some on-line poker at party and at pokerroom. Typically, I deposit a little cash and mess around for a few days before busting out.

I've decided to get a little more serious playing on-line and have some questions that I couldn't find answers to in the FAQ.

1. If I decide to try my hand at whoring, can I open a new account at Party? I know they don't like this but if I scrub/hack my registery can I technically do this? Does Party do any kind of cross checking on your real name, credit card number, address, etc?

2. Rake back is confusing as hell to me. Can anyone suggest a thread or website that explains it well?

3. Has anyone written a step by step guide to whoring? I've been out to bonuswhores.com and read over their material but is there anything y'all have found works better?

4. Are sites like pokerhand.org and bonuswhores a good place to start when looking for this kind of information?

5. How much money should I have before I start whoring and trying to build a real bankroll?

Sorry if these questions are very basic. I just want to make sure I get started on the right foot.

thanks!

Mars

PS. Please PM me if answering any the questions in this thread would cause the forum Gods to come down on you. Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Help a Newbie

1) Not within their rules
2) Check the classifieds on this site, many sites explain it well but if we list a specific site that would break the rules of this forum
3) That works
4) Yes, as well as here in the internet forum
5) Money is more a consideration at what level you play. Most places to whore you have to be able to play .5/1 to get raked hands, points etc effectively to get the money. For that you need 300BB if you are a winning player. I suggest before you whore however, you get Small Stakes Hold'Em, the book by Ed, David and Mason, play the micros, read the micro forums and make sure you know how to win. Because there is no BR big enough for a losing player not to bust out eventually.

Vern
Old 03-12-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Help a Newbie

There is a beginners forum. You might want to hang out there until you get your feet wet.