Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Default More Poker Now info (Party poker puts the hammer down)

What this tells me is, party poker can shut down Empire, Eurobet, Intertops whenever they want. Since they own IGM.. Correct? Here it is:

Pokernow.com has never given rake backs to players. Affiliates recruit players by any number of ways, and it seems some use rake back as this means. We do not know exactly who uses this method and who does not. We also do not pretend to be able to tell them what to do with their own money. After further investigation this week is seems Rake Back is fairly well supported across many of the IGM skins and party poker itself, using cash based gift certificates. We may have to offer our own Pokernow gift certificates to follow the lead that party poker is doing in the industry. We are also a branded site and entitled to create our own affiliate program. Right now IGM has not provided the payments due to us from last month from what they believe to be from rake back players (they did this without notice on the day payments where due). However, we are a branded site and we also are allowed to create our own affiliate program. We are attempting to sort this issue out in a logical and mutually beneficial fashion and hope to move forward and play some poker! We will procect the rights of our players and brand to the fullest possible extent in these discussions.

Brent

PokerNow.com
Old 03-12-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: More Poker Now info (Party poker puts the hammer down)

I'm incredibly confused by all of the 'run for the hills' attitudes.

As far as I know, PokerNOW is still going to be around.

Why are some people making it out to be like they are shutting the site down?

I don't get it.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:50 PM

Well for a smaller party skin to survive.. They need players.. and to entice more players, they give affiliates a higher rake back..

So no pokernow won't die

Yes this could really hurt them though, badly
Old 03-12-2005, 03:52 PM

People got jaded by other sites that have closed-up shop.

And when they look back at it they think "how the hell did I not see the obvious signs that my money wasn't safe there?"

I don't think it's the end of the world for pokernow either.
Just answering your question as to why people are acting like it is.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rake Back is fairly well supported across many of the IGM skins and party poker itself, using cash based gift certificates

[/ QUOTE ]

This is perhap;s the key to the problem. Party allows gift certificates for rakeback, not cash rakeback.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 03:59 PM

The gift certificates are a way for Party to see that the affiliate gave you a rakeback deal thus breaking the rules.

How does Party know that the affiliate is giving you rakeback via Neteller or Firepay or something like that?
Could someone explain this to me please?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People got jaded by other sites that have closed-up shop.

And when they look back at it they think "how the hell did I not see the obvious signs that my money wasn't safe there?"

I don't think it's the end of the world for pokernow either.
Just answering your question as to why people are acting like it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that explanation makes sense.
Also, I really wasn't trying to be an ass, I was just confused as to why people are starting to say stuff like that.

I even read someone else say they thought it would be the end of sites like Empire. That thinking is a bit of an overreaction, IMHO.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:07 PM

Like everyone else, I dont want to lose the 2k a month I get from my rakeback program, granted I make more playing, but the rakeback is a key part of my income. However, the rake charged by the main sites out today is outrageous. Eventually the consumer (us) will wise up and realize that the price we are paying for the service is way out of line with what we should be paying. My income should be another 8k a month. I dont get it because I am paying party 8000 dollars every month to let me use their site. That is 96k a year I am giving them. Here you go party. Hope you enjoy it.
Soon enough we will realize that this service should not cost more than 500 a year, not 100k. Hopefully this rakeback shut down, will spark a mass exodus to one of the rake free sites. Note, that we are the players that compose a bulk of the market. The fish go where the full tables and the big money is. We are the guys that are playing 8 tables and filling up the games and putting money out there. We control the market, not party poker, not the fish. So when we as consumers wise up, we will be richer for it. I have no idea why one of those no rake sites hasnt goten a strong player base, I'm assuming it has to do with advertising funds, but eventually the market will move to that form of poker. In addition, I am payin party poker 100k a year out of my pocket, this doesnt account for everything. If I am paying this much so are the fish. The fish are going broke faster, thus less money in my pocket. We need a paradigm shift, and I would guess that this wont be a slow move from the party skins to a no rake site, but instead a quick move in a period of months not years.

ahh well I just think its stupid I have to pay a ridiculous sum for this "service"

My 2 cents.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like everyone else, I dont want to lose the 2k a month I get from my rakeback program, granted I make more playing, but the rakeback is a key part of my income. However, the rake charged by the main sites out today is outrageous. Eventually the consumer (us) will wise up and realize that the price we are paying for the service is way out of line with what we should be paying. My income should be another 8k a month. I dont get it because I am paying party 8000 dollars every month to let me use their site. That is 96k a year I am giving them. Here you go party. Hope you enjoy it.
Soon enough we will realize that this service should not cost more than 500 a year, not 100k. Hopefully this rakeback shut down, will spark a mass exodus to one of the rake free sites. Note, that we are the players that compose a bulk of the market. The fish go where the full tables and the big money is. We are the guys that are playing 8 tables and filling up the games and putting money out there. We control the market, not party poker, not the fish. So when we as consumers wise up, we will be richer for it. I have no idea why one of those no rake sites hasnt goten a strong player base, I'm assuming it has to do with advertising funds, but eventually the market will move to that form of poker. In addition, I am payin party poker 100k a year out of my pocket, this doesnt account for everything. If I am paying this much so are the fish. The fish are going broke faster, thus less money in my pocket. We need a paradigm shift, and I would guess that this wont be a slow move from the party skins to a no rake site, but instead a quick move in a period of months not years.

ahh well I just think its stupid I have to pay a ridiculous sum for this "service"

My 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly do the rake-free sites make money?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:19 PM

monthly fee. Or one site (who will remain nameless becuase im not here to advertise.)

one site did this. they would rake your pots up to 30 dollars, after you paid 30 dollars you were done and they no longer raked your pots. so yearly you pay 360 bucks, not 100 grand. hmm, seems like an easy choice huh.