Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Catching the online MTT bug

Just a few random questions concerning online MTTs...

What's your fave place to play? Right now mine's Stars.

How often can a good player expect to cash and/or make a final table with say, 500 players? 100 players? 1000 players?

gank is Brett Jungblut right? Just for gossip, I was at his starting table yesterday in a PLO MTT and he went all in on the first hand, and was called in 4 places, and quintupled up the first hand with 89TAss. GREAT, I thought.

Any other big names' handles I should know?

I've noticed that right around bubble time, people are squeaky tight. I usually get aggressive and build up as much as I can, anyone else do this? Sometimes I end up busting myself in the process, but hey whaddaya do.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Catching the online MTT bug

Stars is my favorite tourney site, though I just discovered six-handed tourneys on UB (very exciting stuff!!!)

Finishing ITM - To my shame, I do not keep stats on my MTT finishes anymore. I like to say that 20% of the time you should finish in the top 10%. Final tables are rare and precious things. Just remember that the final table out of 400 people means you are finishing in the top 2.5%.

I hope other posters read this post and give a more accurate number for percent ITM/FT. I am curious.

Yes, I often use not just bubble-time but the later stages of any tourney to steal, steal, steal.
CSC
Old 03-12-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars is my favorite tourney site, though I just discovered six-handed tourneys on UB (very exciting stuff!!!)

Finishing ITM - To my shame, I do not keep stats on my MTT finishes anymore. I like to say that 20% of the time you should finish in the top 10%. Final tables are rare and precious things. Just remember that the final table out of 400 people means you are finishing in the top 2.5%.

I hope other posters read this post and give a more accurate number for percent ITM/FT. I am curious.

Yes, I often use not just bubble-time but the later stages of any tourney to steal, steal, steal.
CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Your final table number is a little optimistic for anything larger than 100-200 people imo
Old 03-12-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Your final table number is a little optimistic for anything larger than 100-200 people imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't give a final table number... I said finish ITM 20% of the time and then reminded our poster to do the math to figure what % of the time a random finish will land on the final table.

But, instead of helpfully pointing out why my post sucks, perhaps you could give an answer to original poster? Or, if you are going to point out flaws in my post, give me reasons, make an argument, offer another theory. Just saying "you're wrong" is neither helpful nor constructive.

CSC