Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Battle of the blinds vs cnfzzd

I know who he is, he probably knows who I am.

I don't get the river call...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Fnord is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">cnfuzzd (SB) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">cnfuzzd caps</font>, Fnord calls.

Flop: (8 cnfuzzd) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">cnfuzzd bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, cnfuzzd calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
cnfuzzd checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, cnfuzzd calls.

River: (8 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
cnfuzzd checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, cnfuzzd calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button doesn't show.
cnfuzzd has Qs As (high card, ace).
Fnord has Kd Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Fnord wins 10 BB. </font>

If I'm rational, as best as I figure KQ is the only logical holding he's beating. Ax hands he's beating or splitting often check behind.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Battle of the blinds vs cnfzzd

I think you played it fine, I might try and smoothcall the flop to raise the turn against this particular opponent, he will most likely keep betting if you just call the flop I think.

I can understand the river call from cnfuzzd, but I agree it probably isn't the best river action against a TAG.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:42 AM

I don't think he played this one well either, but blind battles often get out of control and folding an unimproved ace every time against a good player could be a disaster.

-Michael
Old 03-12-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it fine, I might try and smoothcall the flop to raise the turn against this particular opponent, he will most likely keep betting if you just call the flop I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cnfzzd is a self-admitted post-flop maniac, but he has a brain. If I smooth call the flop and raise the turn he's likely to recoginise the line as "I have you smoked kid" and fold. I like the flop raise because it pretty much just says "yeah, I still have two cards" and he will play back at me with a pretty wide range.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:46 AM

looks good homie.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cnfzzd is a self-admitted post-flop maniac, but he has a brain. If I smooth call the flop and raise the turn he's likely to recoginise the line as "I have you smoked kid" and fold. I like the flop raise because it pretty much just says "yeah, I still have two cards" and he will play back at me with a pretty wide range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to imply he didn't have a brain, but as you can see he did call you down here. I think he might call you down a decent percentage of the time, and when he has a hand that has significant outs against you (a paired hand with 5 outs, most likely a T) you will be charging him extra to draw...and I think he'll call down with top pair quite often. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:17 AM

FTR, i didnt know you were 2+2, i lost most of my old "Is 2+2" notes a while ago. I knew you were a more than decent TAG

From what i remember, (yeah i know it was only a few hours ago, but i had a big session and and more than a few beers post session), the table had gotten very divided. I knew you were TAG, and there was one other person who seemed decent. The others were terrible. I saw my hand, saw your cap, and decided i was going to showdown. The only thing i was drawing completely dead to was AA, and i felt you were not having AA there very often. I decided to go to showdown. I felt AQ has enough showdown there, and i wanted you to know that i was going to showdown with AQ at least sometime. I didnt expect you to leave the table, so thought it had value, especially since i almost never fold AQ HU shorthanded until the turn, if then.

I also think you played your hand perfectly, and there was no way to get any more money out of me.

I am a post flop maniac. Slowing down at any point HU against a TAG, especially a 2+2 tag, is sheer -EV. Doing it will cause you to lose money.

peace

john nickle