Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 10:32 PM

Default KQs flops trips

First orbit no reads to speak of. Not sure of my line here.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Do I bet this flop or check with the hopes of raising and catching the SB for an extra bet?

Turn: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

I'm thinking I should have re-raised here, but I'm not sure. SB surprised me with the wake up on the turn. What do I put him on?

River: (17.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Do I raise again here?

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Last question why does the converter say there are 4 players when there are only 3?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: KQs flops trips

I maybe just call pf, but not sure if that's right. I think I 3-bet the turn. Looks like a slowplayed Q, and you have the kicker in the bag. If he caps, I just call if he le
Old 03-11-2005, 10:49 PM

Betting out is fine on the flop, don't worry about getting an "extra" small bet on the flop, you'll have a chance to punish him on later streets. I'm thinking about 3-betting the turn, but I think it's close. SB is telling you that he doesn't think trips are good (AA) or that he has you outkicked with AQ. I don't think he'd check-raise AK here but need a read to help with this. River is fine.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I maybe just call pf, but not sure if that's right. I think I 3-bet the turn. Looks like a slowplayed Q, and you have the kicker in the bag. If he caps, I just call if he le

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the 3-bet preflop, he has position on SB which makes a world of difference.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:51 PM

Looks like a slowplayed Q, and you have the kicker in the bag.

Why do you think that? SB capped preflop. Would SB cap w/QJ or QT?
Old 03-12-2005, 01:14 AM

Actually AQ would give him the boat. He either has AA, AQ, or a Q with a smaller kicker. I was hoping for the smaller kicker....lol.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:18 AM

I don't see why you feel like you underplayed this hand. It looks fine to me. I'm much closer to folding the turn then reraising when the SB calls 3 on the flop and then check/raises the turn in a protected pot. Still I know I would never fold in this spot just in case the SB is a loon.

Brad