Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 07:42 PM

Default K4s -- an untapped goldmine

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (17.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

Questions: Should I have seen this flop? What do you think of my turn play?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: K4s -- an untapped goldmine

[ QUOTE ]
Questions: Should I have seen this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of my turn play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad.

Cap the flop when the action gets back to you.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I get more bets just by calling the turn bet? If I raise, I would think there'd be a very good chance that UTG and UTG+2 would fold, and MP2 would shut down.

[ QUOTE ]
Cap the flop when the action gets back to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! Good point. I was just thinking about the first part, calling to keep people in, but once it gets back to me, you're right, that looks like a good spot to cap.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think I get more bets just by calling the turn bet? If I raise, I would think there'd be a very good chance that UTG and UTG+2 would fold, and MP2 would shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a pot this big, people are going to call your turn raise with all kinds of crap hoping to improve on the river but aren't going to call a river raise if they miss. You also don't give MP2 a chance to 3-bet so you can cap.