Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 01:28 PM

Default A3o SB at .25/.5

okay this is my first hand posting, so i hope i get all the conversion stuff correct. anyway, i have a lot of questions about this hand, so just follow allow with me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

okay before i get slammed for playing A3o, let me explain. table conditions: extremely weak-passive, though people folded a lot, they still played with junk too. many fold to any aggression.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

here, should i have bet out the flop? the bet was to protect my hand. An A is calling/reraising, but i thought it would put the J on call down instead of aggression. i'm folding to any reraise.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls (All-In), Button calls.

here i don't exactly remember what i was thinking other than, i don't think he has the 4 or the A, so i put him on pair of Jxs at best. the CO calling to all-in had me a bit worried, but he showed no aggression throughout the hand.

River: (11.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

here: i figured i either have the nuts or lost to a 4 of a kind.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB
Old 03-11-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: A3o SB at .25/.5

JJ and AA destroys you as well.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:36 PM

fold preflop

edit: or raise

whatever, but don't limp, you position post-flop sucks.

Glad you spiked an Ace etc, sorry it sucks to lose.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JJ and AA destroys you as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but the way the table was playing, those were very unlikely. no preflop raises, and nothing on the flop.

bah, it was probably dumb all around because i usually fold these, but thought "ah, it's only $.15" which is probably the wrong line of thinking.

i think this was a frustration hand.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

AXs is fine to complete, though. Reset of hand looks fine, my guess is you're splitting the pot.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:42 PM

Even with your read on the table I fold this pf.

I really don't like the turn reraise. Why do you so quickly discount villian having a 4 or A? It sure could be a bluff but I would expect to see this type of play with a monster hand as well. With the only player in-between about to go all-in you can't expect him to fold. I call this and plan on check calling the river.

I think the river bet is fine once the 4 hits. If villian has a stronger A it was just counterfitted. At this point it is quite unlikely villian has the case 4 and you are doing nicely against many hands. You might want to try to induce a bluff against amore aggro player by checking.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:46 PM

Was the table passive enough to limp AA, JJ, AK or AQ? Those are the only non-4 hands you're behind on the turn, and if they're passive enough to limp those hands, they're passive enough to play them like this. However, a passive player waking up on the turn and rasing you doesn't smell very good. It smells like a 4. You absolutely have to call down since there's a very good chance you're ahead or chopping w/ another A, but I'm not entirely sure I like the 3-bet. Any other thoughts on this?

I would probably bet out this flop too, but if you're raised, you're likely drawing to three outs plus a backdoor wheel. You'd probably have to let it go. Given that BB just called your 3-bet, I like the river bet.

Edit: Forgot to include that a stronger A is counterfeited, so the river bet is even better.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:47 PM

piss poor position and you got a crap kicker

and it's not suited
Old 03-11-2005, 01:51 PM

no, the table wasn't passive enough to limp really any pocket pair.

i don't know how to convert the results, but they are below in white. names removed and replaced and hands shown.

Result:
<font color="white">CO [ Kd 9s ] (three of a kind, fours)
Button [ Jh 8c ] (a full house, fours full of jacks)
Hero [ 3c Ad ] (a full house, fours full of aces)
MHIG </font>
Old 03-11-2005, 02:18 PM

On this kind of table lots of people with play Ax. Now your Ax only dominates your opponents A2. Even with these table conditions A3 is not playable. You may make a case for A7-A9.

If I found myself involved in a hand like this I would take the initiative and bet out on the flop.

I'd definitely call/check/call after I'm raised on the turn and be happy with the chop.