Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % do you think a good player should money?
<10% 3 5.17%
11-15% 6 10.34%
16-20% 20 34.48%
21-25% 14 24.14%
26-30% 6 10.34%
> 30% 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Heineken Overated?

I just returned from a trip out of the country where the local beer I determined to be substandard. One thing though is that in just about every bar in every country that I've been to you could always find Heineken. So I drank a lot of Heineken over the last week. One thing that I have never understood is why so many people think this beer is so great? I have found that I tend to get skunky beers from them more often then from any other brewer and when I do get good fresh beer I find that it only tastes slightly better than a Budweiser. All of this for a price tag of $10.49 for 6 pack! I really believe that Heineken is the most overpriced and overrated beer one can buy. Anyone care to comment?
Old 03-11-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Heineken Overated?

Where is Heineken 10.50 for a sixer? That's crazy talk. Round here more like 7 bucks, and things are expensive here.

Heineken is gross when you let it get warm. That's the biggest problem.

NT
Old 03-11-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is Heineken 10.50 for a sixer? That's crazy talk. Round here more like 7 bucks, and things are expensive here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lot of college towns.
[ QUOTE ]
Heineken is gross when you let it get warm. That's the biggest problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much all beers are, maybe it is just much worse for Heineken. I believe it could have something to do with more light getting to the beer due to the green bottle. Thus it gets warmer quicker. You, or anyone, have the same problem with Rolling Rock or others?
Old 03-11-2005, 03:47 AM

Heineken is not tasty, but Schaefer is.

Yay Schaefer beer!
Old 03-11-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and when I do get good fresh beer I find that it only tastes slightly better than a Budweiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, thats cuz u dont know beer that well. me being a college student like you, you get used to the crap beer like busch and natty and bud on special occasions. whenever i have the opportunity to have a heniken or something of that nature, i take it because it is really good beer. it's weird at first cuz it doesnt taste the the sh1t beers we're used to, but after 1 or 2 u learn that its good a$$ sh1t. maybe its just me.

i just got back from acapulco for spring break and had all quality beer for a few bucks and it was glorious.

i think heineken is rated fine and of course its overpriced cuz i cant afford the stuff
Old 03-11-2005, 04:02 AM

Heineken is pure crap, especially for the money. I'd take a Red Dog over Heineken (seriously), and save half the cost. I find Grolsch and Pilsner Urquell to be tremendously overrated as well. I'll take a good Hefeweisen, Trippel, Stout, or Belgian Ale over these (for about the same price as a Heineken) and be quite happy.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whenever i have the opportunity to have a heniken or something of that nature, i take it because it is really good beer. it's weird at first cuz it doesnt taste the the sh1t beers we're used to, but after 1 or 2 u learn that its good a$$ sh1t. maybe its just me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I of course take the same oppurtunity when presented to me also. I am not saying that it is bad beer (it is when skunky though) it is just that there is nothing special about it and IMO way overated and overpriced. Better than most, but just not really worth it.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:13 AM

It all depends what your taste is. Heineken is ok if you like thicker lagers but otherwise it might not be your bag, personally I am a guiness man, so I enjoy thick Irish droughts, especially Murhphy's stout.... A wise man once said, "to each his own" This could easily refer to women or beer.
~Justin
Old 03-11-2005, 04:16 AM

Rolling Rock is where it's at!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:17 AM

meh.