Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Fire the second barrel

So it's the prima daily 25k guarantee. Early on, blinds at 25/50. Villain A has about 1200, Villain B has about 3600, I got 3400. Villain A is a typical loose passive player, no read on Villain B.

Villain A limps in UTG+1, folded to me in LP who makes it 200 with AQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain B calls, Villain A calls.

Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain A checks. I bet 700. Villain B calls, Villain A raises all in, 320 more. I go all in. Comments?
Old 03-10-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Fire the second barrel

i like the firing second barrel, dislike the raising all-in. B has already called a strong bet and A has raised all-in. you're behind here.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:52 PM

It may be because I'm running bad, but I smell a set here.

Unless your AQs are both hearts, this is pretty bad. You are drawing to a maximum of six outs, and you may well be dead.

If they are both hearts (an important bit of information), this is fine.

My two cents,

Sam
Old 03-10-2005, 03:54 PM

I don't like it. Villain B will only call with a hand that has you beat.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:56 PM

And you think that it'd be ok if he indeed had AQ of hearts? I don't see what's to gain in this spot.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:07 PM

I don't see many hands villain B can call with, except a set. I do see many hands he can call my flop bet with, and have to fold to my all in.

Assuming you would call, and villain B calls, what would you do on the turn if a blank fell?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And you think that it'd be ok if he indeed had AQ of hearts? I don't see what's to gain in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the push gets him two things:

1) It might get him heads-up with the short-stack, folding out JJ-TT, some random crap like TPTK. (You'd like to think someone with A9 is out of this hand, but it was sooted!) Even if he knew he would be called, he's just about getting the odds to hit his flush.

2) It gets him to the river. I hate calling because he'll have blown through most of his stack, and if the turn blanks, then where is he? He's sitting there, out of position, with ace-high.

Mondo just edited. He's got a couple of clubs. The play is indefensible.

My two cents,

Sam
Old 03-10-2005, 04:11 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

1) It might get him heads-up with the short-stack, folding out JJ-TT, some random crap like TPTK. (You'd like to think someone with A9 is out of this hand, but it was sooted!) Even if he knew he would be called, he's just about getting the odds to hit his flush.

2) It gets him to the river. I hate calling because he'll have blown through most of his stack, and if the turn blanks, then where is he? He's sitting there, out of position, with ace-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the reason why I pushed. I want to be heads up with the shortstack, cause my odds are just too great. If I was heads up with the shortstack this is an easy call, obviously. The all-in is to me the same thing as calling the shortstack if we were heads up.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the reason why I pushed. I want to be heads up with the shortstack, cause my odds are just too great. If I was heads up with the shortstack this is an easy call, obviously. The all-in is to me the same thing as calling the shortstack if we were heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This only works if you are the one with the flush draw. At this point there is so much money in the pot, if Player B (the smooth-caller) has any kind of hand, he virtually HAS to call.

You fired the second barrel, and got smooth-called and then raised all-in. You are drawing dead against a set, you are behind an overpair, in real trouble against A9, and your heart outs are dirty. I would hate folding to the t350 raise, but I have to think that in reality you are playing for your whole stack.

Being in the middle sucks.

My two cents,

Sam
Old 03-10-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Results

Villain B folded. Villain A showed 54 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]