Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Anyone have a Neteller debit card?

Just wondering if it's worth getting or not. My whole BR is in Neteller as I've only played live a few times because it's a nice trip to the nearest cardroom. But i'm thinking of playing live mor often now and this way I'll always be taking money from my BR in neteller as opposed to my bank account.

Cheers,
Travis
Old 03-10-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Anyone have a Neteller debit card?

I have one and like having it in my wallet. I I gues if i needed quick cash I could move $ over to the atm account on neteller. But I have never used it. I do not think they charge for the card itself, but i believe they charge $5 for each transaction, so you want to be withdrawing alot to make it worthwhile. I carry $200 cash and three black chips just for b&m games.
bud
Old 03-10-2005, 01:11 PM

A black chip is....?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:17 PM

$100
Old 03-10-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have one and like having it in my wallet. I I gues if i needed quick cash I could move $ over to the atm account on neteller. But I have never used it. I do not think they charge for the card itself, but i believe they charge $5 for each transaction, so you want to be withdrawing alot to make it worthwhile. I carry $200 cash and three black chips just for b&m games.
bud

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one and use it once a month to avoid the $5 inactivity fee (I'm in the US). The transaction fee is $.75, the cash advance fee is $2, and the transfer fee to put money into the card is $2. It costs nothing to transfer out of the card and back to Neteller. These are all for a US account, others should check the Neteller site.

It is not the most economical way to get at your Neteller money (I can also transfer Neteller funds to a savings account I have for free) but it gives me a mental hummer to whip out the card and pay for something with 'poker' profit. To each his own, I say. Now if only Dell would take Neteller I could snag that Axim x50v I've had my eye on.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:41 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
I have one and use it once a month to avoid the $5 inactivity fee (I'm in the US).

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that the inactivity fee only applies while you're carrying a balance on the card itself. I've had one for months, and never used it; I've never had occasion to load it, and they've never charged me for inactivity.

-Mike
Old 03-10-2005, 01:46 PM

I have it, and I like it. I don't like having a ton of transactions being posted to/from my bank account.. just keep my roll in neteller and withdraw it from the ATM whenever I want to spend cash on something.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have one and use it once a month to avoid the $5 inactivity fee (I'm in the US).

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that the inactivity fee only applies while you're carrying a balance on the card itself. I've had one for months, and never used it; I've never had occasion to load it, and they've never charged me for inactivity.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, thanks for clearing that up. I had mine for several months before I decided to load it and like you wasn't charged for inactivity.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have it, and I like it. I don't like having a ton of transactions being posted to/from my bank account.. just keep my roll in neteller and withdraw it from the ATM whenever I want to spend cash on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

note that the nt debit card is still drawn against a us bank, so if you are trying to hide anything, you have not really succeeded.

peace

john nickle
Old 03-11-2005, 03:54 AM

We would neve discuss how to hide funds from the IRS, launder money, etc. here. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]