Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Ed Miller on flush draws

Ed Miller on flush draws. He writes, "Because pots are so big before the flop in limit hold em, anyone who flops ANY flush draw is usually correct to see both the turn and the river almost no matter what. Virtually the only situations where it is correct to dump the flush draw is if it is CLEAR that someone already has you drawing dead. . . this means that flush draws are very easy to play . . ."
Old 03-10-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller on flush draws

do you disagree with his point? if you have 9 outs you almost always will have good enough pot odds to call through.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:40 PM

in small/micro stakes, it's usually just check/call unless betting gives you a chance to win the pot right away.

What's your point?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in small/micro stakes, it's usually just check/call unless betting gives you a chance to win the pot right away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's often bet/raise for value at these stakes since there are so many players to the flop.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's often bet/raise for value at these stakes since there are so many players to the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. I don't like LAG's raising me though when I only have the FD. It's a trade off.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. I don't like LAG's raising me though when I only have the FD. It's a trade off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just raise them back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rember if the LAG is rasing on overcards, your baby flush has 14 outs and is favorate. Hit him back and lead the turn, a third of the time he will fold.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed Miller on flush draws. He writes, "Because pots are so big before the flop in limit hold em, anyone who flops ANY flush draw is usually correct to see both the turn and the river almost no matter what. Virtually the only situations where it is correct to dump the flush draw is if it is CLEAR that someone already has you drawing dead. . . this means that flush draws are very easy to play . . ."

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations! You successfully transcribed information from a book onto the internet. You have completed step 3 of "Teh Intardnet for Dummies". Please turn to Chapter 4, entitled "AOL is teh Devil!".