Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 04:09 AM

Default WSOP Satellite Dilema

1k + 25 10 seat SNG. Winner recieves a seat into the main event, but has to fork over travel and tournament fees. Not everyone at this table has directly bought in, as this is the final step of a 3 tiered ongoing tournament.

Blinds are 150/300 and will be moving up to 200/400 in about 5 minutes. Levels last 20 minutes. Estimated stack sizes are:

BT - 4300
SB(me) - 4200
BB - 6300

The button is definitely a gambler, but I wouldn't neccessarily call him a bad player. He's won a couple of hands with the worst of it, but hasn't made any excessively bad calls. He has also moved in every time it's been folded to him since it became 3 handed. Overall, his play was a little more careful during earlier levels. Since it got three handed, however, he's pushed every time it's folded to him. This has gone on for a few rounds, which has increased his stack about 25%. The one time he gave up his blinds was when I raised to 800 on the BT.

BB - He's an online cash game pro who occaisionally takes shots at the big tourneys and undercard events. We both play in a regular 2/4NL home game and he plays quite well, perhaps a little on the tight side though. I don't have too much information on his SNG play 3 handed, but I'd venture to guess that it's probably not his fortay. I'm not so sure about headsup situations though. He has folded to every push and folded after he tried to limp in from the SB.

When it got to 3 handed, BT declined to make a save, citing a lack of funds (he didn't direct-buy).

I'm about 99% sure that the BB will have no problem making a chip count deal,or at least a save if I can get it heads up though.

If I could get headsup with the BB, I think my win% would parallel our respective chip stacks. Neither of us seems to hold any skill advantage over the other.

BT pushes again. What's the worst hand you'll call with in that spot?

Assume that I plan to pony up for the seat regardless.. I also think it's safe to assume that the BT will be pushing every hand until he either doubles up or busts out.