Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Winrate change at party with deeper stacks?

I just started playing NL a few days ago, I needed a switch from limit, and I've been doing incredibly well at it, I must be running hot because I'm way above the 10BB/100 I found when I did a search.

What is a good winrate for the new deeperstack $25 NL at party?
Old 03-10-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Winrate change at party with deeper stacks?

PT10BB/100 is on the high end for long term BB/100.

There's a lot of variance short term, just give it time.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PT10BB/100 is on the high end for long term BB/100.

There's a lot of variance short term, just give it time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno if that is for shorthanded or 10 handed tables. But PT10BB/100 (about $5/h in a 0.25/0.50 blind game) is very possible in the long run at 10 handed NL/PL atleast.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunno if that is for shorthanded or 10 handed tables. But PT10BB/100 (about $5/h in a 0.25/0.50 blind game) is very possible in the long run at 10 handed NL/PL atleast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that I've never seen a PT screen shot of someone with a 10bb/100 WR after a statistically significant number of hands?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:37 AM

How many hands sould you say is significant? And there is other programs to messure winrate with also.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:53 AM

I don't really play NL, so what is a good winrate for these games?

5-7BB/100 or what?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:09 AM

yu could nut peddle for like 4-5 BB/100 IMHO...at least up to 1-2 or 2-4 levels thats where the better players start...
Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must be running hot because I'm way above the 10BB/100 I found when I did a search.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably running hot, but...

[ QUOTE ]
What is a good winrate for the new deeperstack $25 NL at party?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good question, and the short answer is that nobody knows as nobody could have collected a statistically significant number of hands yet.

But what can we infer? Well, let's say your old win rate was a solid 6 PTBB/100. The size of the blinds has halved, so the naive hypothesis is to suggest that you'll continue winning at 6 PTBB/100, which of course represents only half as much as before in $.

But this is almost certainly wrong. The same poor players are still in the game, and many of them haven't adjusted in any way for the new structure. Sure, pot averages have gone down, but they haven't dropped by half. Also, the stacks are now deeper, which should give you a new source of advantages if you play well postflop. Could we expect winrates to double? Well, I don't think so -- average pot size would likely have stayed the same if that was going to be the case.

So I would say a reasonable estimate for starters might be that your old winrate should increase by 25% and maybe as much as 50%. That puts a 6 PTBB/100 player on maybe 7.5 or 9 PTBB/100 in the new game (assuming they play well postflop and aren't relying on Party-specific short stack techniques!). Or if you regard 10 PTBB/100 as the benchmark, "perfect play" level to shoot for in the old game, then the new benchmark may be 12.5 or 15.

Anyway, only time will tell.

Cheers,
--JTR.

PS: what have you played in the new game structure, about 5000 hands or something? Remember that means that given a typical NL player's standard deviation, your 95% confidence interval for you winrate will be something like observed rate plus or minus 7 PTBB/100.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:37 AM

I don't suppose anyone can tell what's a good winrate for the new party games yet. The $25 and $50 games are extremely soft though, and I think that makes a really large winrate possible in combination with the new stacks.

(Maybe that's just me hoping though, being on 25PTbb/100hand after 6k hands. I mean, it sounds crazy. I thought something was wrong with my pokertracker, but it's actually correct. Sure the samplesize is to small and the winrate will get significantly lower, but that's pretty extreme. I mean, I can let myself blind off the next 7k hands and still have a good winrate when the samplesize becomes "statistically significant". I know 15k isn't much eiher ofcourse.) (And I'm no good even.)
Old 03-10-2005, 09:55 AM

My best estimates (6max only)-
Old Party games- 8-10bb/100 was pretty much tops... closer to 8 I think.

New games- Really tough to say, but I'm guessing 12-16bb/100. Time will tell.