Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 10:57 PM

Default ATo from EP

Mostly interested in opinions on the turn play, but please provide any other feedback. Table as a whole is pretty loose (45%), but both MP2 and button are pretty tight with decent post flop aggression (button: 26/0/1.3 f/30 hands, MP2: 11/6/1.6 f/80 hands) so the flop play freaked me out a bit and had me unsure what to do at the turn...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero???
Old 03-09-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: ATo from EP

You gotta check-raise the flop man.
With your read I would probably fold the turn.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:21 PM

I fold it preflop. If I saw the flop, I'm check raising.

Anyway, the turn is a super easy fold. You're drawing dead to an MP2 set extremely often.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:57 PM

Not only does Button have you crushed but MP2 does as well. Fold turn. Oh ya, fold preflop. Edit: I guess in a loose-passive game here it's playable.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:07 AM

Your preflop call is fine. You should be able to turn a profit with this hand in this type of game. It might not be playable in a tougher, more aggressive game but it certainly is playable here. If AJo is a raising hand UTG, how much worse can ATo be? Certainly not enough to make it -EV.

Brad
Old 03-10-2005, 12:11 AM

my word.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your preflop call is fine. You should be able to turn a profit with this hand in this type of game. It might not be playable in a tougher, more aggressive game but it certainly is playable here. If AJo is a raising hand UTG, how much worse can ATo be? Certainly not enough to make it -EV.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but what type of game do you think suits ATo in this position?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but what type of game do you think suits ATo in this position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Games like the PP .50/1.00 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Games where, many times, you will be dominating another hand with your ten kicker, rather than the other way around. Games with too much limping, people that play raised pots with absolute junk.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold it preflop. If I saw the flop, I'm check raising.

Anyway, the turn is a super easy fold. You're drawing dead to an MP2 set extremely often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-10-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to disagree with you, Shill. Especially after all the schooling you've given me at HU.

But I think the PF openlimp is terrible. There's just no excuse for openlimping with ATo. Raise. Or raise not. There is no openlimp.