Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Republicans who want war, but won\'t enlist.

I'd like an honest answer from our resident GOP spammers :

Given that you're so gung-ho for the invasion and occupation of Iraq (and Iran, and Syria, and God-knows-how-many beyond that), I seriously want to know why you are spending your time playing poker and posting on this message board, rather than enlisting to serve in your allegedly Great And Moral Cause?

Do you believe that this is TRULY a great and moral cause, or does your rhetoric somehow fall short when it comes to putting your OWN ass on the line?

And if you DO believe your own rhetoric, then I seriously want to know why you're here, instead of over there.

Why haven't you signed up yet?

Do you intend to sign up in the future?

If so, when?

And if not, why not?

I'd honestly like to hear your answers to these questions.

Over 1500 American soldiers have died because of your lust for war. Over ten thousand have suffered severe injury. Many times that number have been put into harm's way, and yet here you sit, spamming the internet from the comfort of your living rooms while someone else does the fighting and bleeding and dying for you. I want to know why you aren't willing to stand among them. I want to know why you aren't already standing among them. And I suspect many of our soldiers are wondering the same thing, too.

I await your explanations.

q/q
Old 03-09-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Republicans who want war, but won\'t enlist.

No bc I like poor white trash to do my fighting along with hispanics and poor black kids.......

Oh wait Im just like the let wing 1960's era hippies. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Ive already said I believe there should be a mandatory 2 yr national service period for ALL American youth 17/8-19 or 20 yrs old. One of the options would be serving in the military. I probably wouldnt serve bc I have chronic problems with a fallen arch and shinsplints making jogging(consequently boot camp) really quite impossible.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:54 PM

This post is one of the more asinine I've seen in a while. However I will say something about this overwrought attempt to "expose hypocrisy".

June of this year will mark my 7th year of military service. I particularly would like to address this particular line in your post.

And I suspect many of our soldiers are wondering the same thing, too.

Your suspicions are wrong. Most soldiers are too busy doing their job to worry about them motivation of those back home. We appreciate those that support us, dont pay much attention to those that dont. And we understand the need for civilian control of the military, which at least tangentially, you are making a case against.

Its funny how many liberals love to accuse conservatives of being close minded, say we dont like diversity, and yet you march in virtual lockstep here on this board, leveling the same tired criticisms, flailing about with the same rusty hyperbole that I've seen time and again. You never take the time to look at conservative views with fresh eyes, something in my opinion that the conservatives on this board as a whole are more willing to do then the libs.

FWIW, I was a registered Democrat when I got my officer's commission.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Democrats Who Want Techological Products, But Won\'t Study Science...

...and who won't produce them.

People who want to see animals treated humanely, but who won't work in an animal shelter...people who like clean highways, but who don't go out picking up litter on Sundays...

Now, which post is stupider, yours or mine--or does it matter?

If you want to be a soldier, enlist and be a professional soldier. If you don't, don't. Choose something else to do professionally. Not too complicated really.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Democrats Who Want Techological Products, But Won\'t Study Science.

Your post is flawed.

Do you see why?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:09 PM

Don't you know that we're on a mission from God? We have to make Iraq a democracy and I'm going to do my part by going outside and sticking that support the troops sticker on my SUV.

Stupid liberal.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:13 PM

No, why?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:16 PM

So: you're career military, a commissioned officer, and (given the timestamp on your post) you don't appear to be operating on Iraqi time right now.

So, this begs the question: have you requested a transfer to duty in Iraq?

If so, what was the response?

And if not, why not?

Do you intend to do so in the future?

If so, when?

And if not, why not?

Also, for the record: I have several commissioned officers in my immediate family. They know as well as you do that Bush's support among the officers is FAR higher than his support among the general troop population. Of course, your average soldier doing occupation duty in Iraq right now doesn't have unfettered access to the internet, nor the time to surf poker forums trying to pump up the GOP. Funny, that.

q/q
Old 03-09-2005, 10:16 PM

Soldiers dont have a real choice. They must go to Iraq. They can't quit the military.

And they are putting their lives in incredible danger. Lots will die. None of the other jobs you mentioned require this sacrifice.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:17 PM

Stop being treasonous. The world would be better off without liberals.