Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Default You can only check raise me so long before..........

This is a hand I had last night, Kinda played it from the hip but I wanted to put it to the jury. I can definitely ditch the skirt completely and some of you (Nate and Schenids) may find this incredibly routine. I thought it was at least pseudo interesting.

Villain 1 is this hand is TAG. He is also checkraise happy on the flop and turn. Doesn't always mean a strong hand, but I have been getting checkraised alot when I have had zippo in the last few orbits and by circumstances I have folded. Villain is aware enough to notice.

Villain 2 is a fish. Epitome of a calling station, wont raise or bet w/o the nuts or darn close to it, but will call down with any draw or any piece of the board to the river and will frequently call with Ace high unimproved.

Bunky is the Button. Villain #1 is the BB, Villain #2 is the CO.

Villain #2 open limps in the CO, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Sb folds, Villain #1 calls.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, CO checks, I bet, BB checkraises, Co cold calls (Means he still has two cards) Bunky..... ?????

Now... BB knows I auto bet this flop. He could have a weak King, some form of Ten, or even say A4. He may check raise something like 88 here hoping to get me off a better hand.
With the Co calling he can't like that too awful much but its probably in his best interest to get me off the hand.
In my opinion, I can't call here. I decide to three bet him right there and then.

Looks like a much stronger hand than I have to be three betting the check raiser and a cold caller. I still have a good chance of having the best hand here after all.

Comments?

Rest of the hand to follow after a few responses.